Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better yet, complete lockdown until the start of July, when they open everything up including weddings and offer every bride and groom a complementary £1000 to spend on therapy.
And give best men a token for free beer at the do. I'm supposed to be getting steaming and hitting on bridesmaids at my best mate's wedding on July 11th.

Beautifully put..add to this that while he's gasping for air surrounded by nurses in welders masks, his fertility issues may not be uppermost in his thoughts...
all in all i agree with you though.

But he’s highly unlikely to be gasping for air at his age even if he catches covid is he? It’s a pointless threat the same as parents telling kids not to do drugs etc - they simply will not feel scared because they know, or more accurately feel, the risk is miniscule. I’m 39 and none of my friends or peers that have had covid have had anything more than it be a mild inconvenience for a few days. Most young people are getting the jab in case it helps them go on holiday, get into nightclubs or even just because it’s the right thing to do for the world.

I’ve had my jab because it’s the right thing to do, not because I’m scared of covid and if you want to convince someone to have it you’d be much better off explaining how it will be part of protecting elderly / vulnerable relatives and helping society get back to normal quicker. Jabs are our only way out and that’s why people need to have them, it’s that simple.

But he’s highly unlikely to be gasping for air at his age even if he catches covid is he? It’s a pointless threat the same as parents telling kids not to do drugs etc - they simply will not feel scared because they know the risk is miniscule. I’m 39 and none of my friends or peers that have had covid have had anything more than it be a mild inconvenience for a few days.

I’ve had my jab because it’s the right thing to do, not because I’m scared of covid and if you want to convince someone to have it you’d be much better off explaining how it will be part of protecting elderly / vulnerable relatives and helping society get back to normal quicker. Jabs are our only way out and that’s why people need to have them, it’s that simple.
The risk on drug use is miniscule?
Even minisculer if you don't take them

But he’s highly unlikely to be gasping for air at his age even if he catches covid is he? It’s a pointless threat the same as parents telling kids not to do drugs etc - they simply will not feel scared because they know, or more accurately feel, the risk is miniscule. I’m 39 and none of my friends or peers that have had covid have had anything more than it be a mild inconvenience for a few days. Most young people are getting the jab in case it helps them go on holiday, get into nightclubs or even just because it’s the right thing to do for the world.

If he's concerned about fertility maybe he needs to be informed that covid can hit the testicles!. there is long term research on going for any long term damage but there is certainly a hit for 60 days or so.

All these people refusing to have the vaccine due to risk of side effects, I can guarantee that each and everyone either smokes, drinks, does drugs, eats fast food or does all of the above, without a care in the world as to what it's doing to them.

I’ve never taken drugs in my life. However my mates that do aren’t quivering about the risks, that’s the point. You feel invincible at that age so you’re unlikely to scare a 25yo into getting a jab as they simply won’t feel that risk
i get ya. good point.
Would you accept the lad's future fertility concerns as a good reason to put other members of his family on offer?....i would sling the boy out and crush his airfix models... ( or put his xbox to the sword)

Give the lad a hug, tell him you respect his decision and will always be there for him.
Remind him how loved he is and how that love made sure you had all his immunization's when he was a child so no harm would come to him.
Now at 27 it's time for him to look out for himself and make probably the first call about protecting himself.
Good luck and don't let it get in the way of the wonderful life you've shared so far.
A fantastic reply compared to some fuckin weirdo ones that others have posted

17 all setting deaths v 11 last week

8125 cases v 6238 last week

From 928, 939 pillar 1 & 2 tests v 785K last week

Fella at work, not a young buck, but not knackered either…an otherwise fit and healthy 50 something got it. He has lost 75% of his lung capacity, has to use oxygen full time and cannot walk more than about 10-20 yards without feeling tired and out of breath. Career over, life as he knows it JS over, and there’s some thought amongst those who know how active he was that this might be a fate worse than death unless he can get a successful lung transplant.

We have heard PLENTY of stories of young athletes, those expressing the least concern, dropping and never recovering before dying. My own son (21 at the time) had a few symptoms last March. Told him to get in bed, get some rest and call me if he has any breathing difficulties, because 15 months ago, that was the only thing you could take someone to hospital far, as they didn’t even have the TESTS in the ER (A&E) to confirm you had it! Sure enough, at 2 in the morning he phoned me from the other side of the house saying he can’t catch a full breath!

Now, this is a lad who benches 300lbs, played Wide Receiver in school for the Football team, and broke track records!

10 minutes later we were in the ER and they were taking chest x-rays. Pneumonia…in an otherwise perfectly healthy young man! COVID!!

Doctor literally told us to go home, quarantine and take EVERY precaution not to spread it. She literally told us, “You do not want to go upstairs in the COVID ward, it is full of old people waiting to die and gasping for every breath. Go home, take care of yourself, but get back here ASAP if you REALLY can’t breathe and I’ll admit you!”

It’s not to be trifled with…by anyone, any age, even bulletproof lads who think they are immortal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.