Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the covid19 restrictions have been lifted for the Scots in London.

Shame they werent lift for my workmates 21st last weekend. A group of them book 3 tables with screens between. They followed full covid19 guidelines. Once the pub released they were together the pub tried to move them to other tables so they were apart. Trouble was they knew lots of the other customers so were made to leave.

Yet the Scots come to London and completely ignore the lockdown. The press/media seem not to mind and are almost praising them for the support.

No the Scots are breaking National guidelines and the authorities are totally ignoring it.

Makes me feel like saying sod it I have followed the guidelines since they started. Why ? Do I carry on following the guidelines or like the jocks say sod it I will do as I like now ?
So true.
Certain circumstances are just let go.
The media will hound some people for a minor breach but then say how great it is when a load of fans congregate to hug and celebrate

On the 1st May China had done 270 million vaccinations. This weekend they will hit 1 billion. Call it 700 million vaccines in 7 weeks. That is extraordinary.

Turkey just vaccinated 1.5m yesterday. That's twice what the best of Western Europe are doing at the moment. Israel and the UAE are well on the way to fully vaccinating their whole population. With two of the leading vaccine producers domiciled at least in part in Europe, you'd have thought Europe would have led the way?

Globally surely everything changes when the USA and China have completed their domestic vaccination?

cumulative-covid-vaccinations.png

On the 1st May China had done 270 million vaccinations. This weekend they will hit 1 billion. Call it 700 million vaccines in 7 weeks. That is extraordinary.

Turkey just vaccinated 1.5m yesterday. That's twice what the best of Western Europe are doing at the moment. Israel and the UAE are well on the way to fully vaccinating their whole population. With two of the leading vaccine producers domiciled at least in part in Europe, you'd have thought Europe would have led the way?

Globally surely everything changes when the USA and China have completed their domestic vaccination?

View attachment 19597

Personally I wouldn’t believe a word of anything coming from the Chinese authorities.

Personally I wouldn’t believe a word of anything coming from the Chinese authorities.
I spoke to a number of Chinese people last week and they confirmed that many of their family and friends had been vaccinated. We also need to appreciate that the state there is much more efficient and effective in implementing programmes across society, and when almost everyone and everything requires a smartphone to function, it is easy for the authorities to wield the stick when the carrot isn’t working.

The problem with those kind of graphs on vaccinations is they show numbers given and it is not exacty really evidence of the UK being poor at reaching people that countries with populations many times the same size are doing more vaccinations.

They kind of have to do 4 or 5 times as many as us just to reach the same population percentage. And they have 4 or 5 times the resources to do it.

The fairer comparison shows that we have done very well on these measures and Wales is literally in the top two or three nations on the planet not way down as that graph might infer.

The bigger problem we have is not targetting the right populations. The disparity between Manchester and Stockport - literally next to one another with a border - is far too large and regardless of reasons needs to be rebalanced because it is showing up in the cases now happening.

These are the real issues with our vaccination programme that we are seeking to address with pop up centres not some graph that is not wrong in what it says just a bit misleading in what it infers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.