Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is not to say they will not do it. But we cannot yet know just how high these deaths will rise and what number is acceptable. Is 100 a day a place where opening up can be sold as right when we chose to delay at numbers around 10?

These are not easy decisions.

It won't be death numbers that make the decision, it will be availability of ICU beds

Yeah, so they don't fully stop them then. I guess my point was that there is still going to be absolute tonne of cases with vaccinated people, cos even if those stats suggest 70-85% reduction, that's still 30-15% of double vaccinated who will get it anyway. That's literally millions and millions of people. I don't see why loads of cases in vaccinated people is a bad thing unless they're getting really sick. We knew this was gonna happen, right?
More people get double jabbed if they come into contact with someone who has Covid and not vaccinated there transmission of Covid is higher than those without the jabs you’ll probably catch it of the person if your indoors like a pub and close to them for a time! If you get it after double jabbed if your one that it could effect you bad just feel like shit others it be like a cold or nothing and with you being double jabbed your transmission to another person is reduced massively! Bottom line the world need vaccinating..
Well this is what I believe with what I have read I could be wrong

Scotland

2969 cases

58 in people aged 65+
325 aged 45-64

Then the HUGE jump

1013 aged 25-44
772 aged 20-24

339 aged 15-19
451 aged 0-14

5 deaths

2 aged 85+
2 aged 75-84
1 aged 45-64

Vaccines

17k first doses
14k second doses
Again remarkably akin to the N Ireland data despite three times the cases.

This is very clear what is going on. And why high cases are obviously a problem per se and will as ever translate into rising hospital numbers and deaths.

But the vaccinations ARE working and are mitigating both hopitalisations and deaths by a lot. Thanks to the radical shift in who is now testing positive they have created.

Not entirely. Nobody expected they ever would. But so much that it actually is a legitimate argument that we MIGHT open up fully in 3 weeks time despite what by then may well be rising numbers above where we are now on all measures.

That would have been unimaginable and total folly in all other waves.

That it is not now is entirely because of the vaccines that have totallychanged the dynamics of what a wave of cases means.And what we must do to protect the NHS.

Ok fair enough, I am still just struggling to see how we coukd get 4000 a day. I suspect that the vast majority in hospital are the idiots who didnt take the vaccine. If thats the case then surely transmission will peter out as the virus will run out of viable hosts sonner rather than later given the high vaccination rate.

we won't it's that simple

probably saved hundreds of thousands of deaths though this way - what a terrible strategy aye
How many deaths and hospitalisation could we have saved if we hadn’t opened up pubs until all adults had been offered the 1st jab?

(This has been my line all along by the way).

I just don’t get why people in this country believe that going to the pub is more important than freedom to travel. If crossing borders can bring variants in, then crowding into a pub can spread it fast - the two go hand in hand. Either do both or neither.

We have never had a flu lockdown in modern times. Because we have working vaccines that the sensible choose to take. And others choose to take their chances by not doing.

You cannot extrapolate from Covid to flu. Covid becoming LIKE flu - a problem we live with in the winter - is what we are aspiring to achieve.

We will never magic either of them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.