Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They want to get as many of the u20s as possible vaccinated before they gob ack to schools and colleges in the next 6-8 weeks, as the authorities believe that is a high risk area for infection, with the unavoidable close grouping.
I understand that but the vaccination numbers are way down now - around a third of where they were - so it is unlikely there is a big deficit in jabs to give in the UK.

And - not sure about Ireland - but we already have started sending lots of them to the poorer nations but the problem is we have the most stock of AZ and the drug companies and rich nations have done such a good job of making that look like either useless or bad for you they have some problems getting it to be taken.

So there is no hoarding going on as suggested by some (not by your post jim) in the UK to stop us vaccinating more under 20s..

We could and should do more to vaccinate the needs of the world but the UK is trying and is not to blame for making the vaccine we are offering free not desirable to those out there dying whilst waiting for the 'better' American ones.

LATEST ENGLAND BY AGE ANTI BODY NUMBERS FROM BLOOD DONORS

NB The small fall in 60 - 69 - and 30 - 39 - not likely to be significant in this data as it comes from random sampling.

But every age group over 90% with antibodies against Covid is the key.

17 - 29 Age 90.8% - was 87.4% last week

30 - 39 Age 95.1% - was 95.3% last week

40 - 49 Age 96.8% - was 96.5% last week

50 to 59 Age 98.5% - was 98.3% last week

60 to 69 Age 98.9% - was 99,2% last week

70 - 84 Age 99.4% - was 99.4% last week

6/7 months on since I had Covid and I still can't doing any cardio.
I'm back at the gym and my strength is returning but anything approaching running gets me out of breath and sends my heart racing all over the place (not one bit pleasant).
Also have this 'butterflies' in my stomach (and NO....I'm not in love, sadly).

I know this is common from people with long covid (took a year for some to full recover, and I'm talking about runners here too).
Offshoot is I've piled pounds on and can no longer fit in my jeans ffs.

A relative still hasn't had the vaccine (rabbit holer but a bright lad with an important job) after claiming he's allergic too them. Has there been any methods of administering the vaccine by any other method yet?

It might even be a case of being embarrassed by being scared of needles (many are) but the qanonce stuff doesn't help his cause.
Gutted to hear it. Don't worry about the rest of them. Expecting this leadership to start acting bravely and telling people what they don't want to hear is a fool's errand. It will only ever happen when all other avenues have been exhausted. The 16/17 year olds will step up gladly. That will get us one step closer to what is percieved as the required level of immunisation. Then we'll wait and see what happens with 3rd jabs, the remainder of this delta outbreak, autumn... winter... and the next variant.
I’d imagine calling the 20 somethings snowflakes will have a marked increase on them taking up the vaccine. Seems like you want children and young people to take all the risks and reap none of the benefits, especially as they’re the ones who’ll be losing their jobs and paying for this fuck up for decades?
No. That's what I'm saying. The really young people will take it gladly. I expect 16/17 uptake to be spectacular.

And that is perfect for Boris because it means he doesn't have to say anything to the remaining hold outs.

He knows the vast majority of the urban lot really dislike him. And the rest of the holdouts include a lot of people who - with the best will in the world - like him because of all the leaders we've ever had, he never asks anything of them, imposes anything on them, or gets serious with them.

And so, he's perfectly happy for the real young people, those with the least to gain and the highest risk from the vaccine, to take the strain. Even those too young to vote.

The alternative for Boris is to use the carrot. But he's both excedingly cheap, and in hock to the right wing fundamentalists who balk at the idea of offering people a lolipop to get a jab that saves the economy because 'we'll create a generation that never learns to buy their own lolipops'.

Expedience.

Last edited by a moderator:
20% of recent hospital admissions in England have been aged 18 to 34. No surprise given the N Ireland daily ages data of those testing positive.

I imagine the Scottish data that Ayrshire sometimes posts too still says much the same.

The England hospital data is late today,

May be down to this note on Gov UK

On Thursday 5 August, case, hospital admission and death rates per 100,000 people for the UK, nations, regions and local authorities will be updated to use the mid-2020 population estimates.

So they are getting up to date - by which they mean mid 2020!

I agree. I am surprised this has not already been done.

We have just about the best testing in the word. We need to export that globally - not just for the alphabet of Covid variants - but to monitor all upcoming epidemics as the next one to go global is inevitable in our interconnected planet.

We COULD have stopped this becoming pandemic had we had such a system and the need for one now to be created is paramount. There are things out there that would be FAR worse than Covid, Hard as that is to imagine. The 1918/19 pandemic decimated mostly the younger generations and had a big impact for decades because of that,

Boris should lead this as for once he would be right in claiming we are world leaders in the field.

But world leaders must LEAD the world not brag they are top of the table
Beta has been planned for Autumn roll out but not for Delta or Lambda (as far as I know).

Interesting.

If there's no "rigorous testing" on combining, then presumably there is no evidence either way as to whether combining or separating is more or less risky.

Why do you assume separating is less risky rather than vice-versa? What's your basis for this judgement?
I wouldn't take an untested combination of any medicines. My GP checks in the BNF when they prescribe me multiple drugs to check they don't interact in a bad way...
(prescribing programs do this automatically these days)

They did extensive testing for MMR as a combination, so why should having two different vaccines at the same time be any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.