Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cases up 903 to 30, 215

It was 31, 117 last week so down wk to wk by 902.

Aka pretty flat.

Tests UP over 125 K on yesterday but 63 K down on last week

All settings deaths 86

This is a definate no no with long Covid.
You need to take yourself the edge of the problem then stop and rest.
Going beyond results in inflamation and makes it even harder to get yourself fit in a reasonable time frame.
See your doctor about the problem.
If my experience - and I'm not even diagnosed - is anything to go by, there are days when you can go further, days when almost a anything will risk that inflammation starting. I've had problems with inflammation many years now, so I'm quite sensitive to feeling it happen in action.

Before COVID, I could always push my muscles and aerobic system. Now, I know right away when it's not on to do any more. It's a very different situation. I had resumed exercising at the beginning of the pandemic but had to stop.

It just flares up from shoulders to head, there's a feeling about it that I can recognise, not quite healthy. Like that emotional feeling, people describe as my blood is boiling. But you're not angry, you're just trying to do a little exercise. It comes very quickly. A couple of seconds. Then you have to stop. Or you will be in more trouble for quite some time. The trouble doesn't always emerge for a day or two - and there's no end of ways it can affect you.

Please, do be very careful.

The changes made by Gov UK have screwed up the Pop Scores today as some had MINUS scores today and others had BIG jumps up. Depending on whether they have added more than average numbers to the population or lost population.

We will be back to normal from tomorrow but todays Pop Score rises (or falls) are artificial resetting of the norm. Which changes quite a bit.

For instance Salford - despite having a big rise in cases today - actually FELL 124 Pop Score points from yesterday. So its population has clearly fallen most in GM in past year.

Bolton had the best day again and went up by 1 Pop Score (more likely around 30 but after 29 was deducted) But its cases were the lowest at 95 and only one of two under 100.

Bury was the other on 97

But unlike Bolton which is down slightly week to week Bury is UP week to week as are most places

Manchester on 355 Salford on 191 the highest. Both up quite a bit week to week. Stockport its highest cases in two weeks also though gained over Trafford on Pop Score points by the redistribution and / or because Trafford rose even more week to week.

Wigan though did very well both in real terms (cases are down week to week like only Oldham and Bolton were today as well) AND lost Pop Score points via the population readjustment too.

Bit of a mess today as a result. But hey ho. More normal from tomorrow .

And overall GM not had a terrible day but not a good one either, Up more than the UK numbers have.

Need to say the GM numbers today are actually not as good as hoped.

North West has readjusted the most today and is up 413 day to day - the biggest rise in England. In fact most places fell and went below the NW in overall total today. IN the south most did - except South West which is now very close in numbers to the North West despite the big disparity in population.

These day to day flips happen in cases due to lab issues. So one day means little.

GM is up day to day 207 of that NW rise of 413 - almost exactly half and a tad over the expected 40/42%.

Week to week though it is not as good, GM is up 105.

However the NW is only up from 3588 to 3608 - a rise of 20 - so GM up 85 more than the entire NW.

The week to weeks between the regions are fairly modest. Sone up, some down none by more than a few hundred.

Today versus last week is largely a story of us having flattened off.

Where we go from here is the key. Numbers usually rise to Friday but then fall for the next three or four days.

We will see. And at least tomorrow we can judge using REAL numbers not made up ones based on the population changes,

ENGLAND HOSPITAL DATA

News here still good.

Patients fall for third straight day - though by only 50 today. To 4894 It was 5056 last Thursday.

Ventilators also fall by just 2 but are now just 5 over last week. Two weeks ago the weekly rise was nearly 200. And last week over 150,

North West is down week to week both in patients and ventilators now too.

More detail later

ENGLAND HOSPITAL DEATHS

54 with just 5 from the NW

Last week it was 60 with 16 NW and week before 47 with 10.

So as you see and as expected the NW numbers are now starting to fall markedly.

And todays total deaths is lower than last Thursday by the exact number the NW has fallen wk to wk.
Classic stats for an epidemic rolling across regions each with its own case cycle of rapid increase, plateau and fall.

They did extensive testing for MMR as a combination, so why should having two different vaccines at the same time be any different?

That's a different thing, with the vaccines actually combined together in a single formulation.

You're assuming (i) there is no evidence and (ii) it must be riskier to take together rather than separately.

Why do you believe (i) implies (ii)?

That's a different thing, with the vaccines actually combined together in a single formulation.

You're assuming (i) there is no evidence and (ii) it must be riskier to take together rather than separately.

Why do you believe (i) implies (ii)?
They'd always research pharmacokinetics (what the body does to the drug) and pharmacodynamics (what a drug does to the body), and construct in vivo / in vitro tests for any combination of drugs likely to be be used together.

It's understood that the effects of giving the same person drug (a), and drug (b), can be very different to the effects a person would experience from (a), added to those they would experience if given (b).

Examples would include, amplifying or nullifying the desired therapeutic effect of one drug, amplifying a known side effect, perhaps many times over - or creating a third and entirely new undesired effect. And any such effect may apply only to patients with another condition, or exposed to another environmental factor, unlike either drug in isolation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.