Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested to hear who these "extremes" are.

Is this the MHRA, who approved the vaccine for 12 yos back in June?

Or some other "extremes"?
MHRA only determine if a medicine is safe and they gave emergency use notification for 12+ aged children.
That is a different thing entirely to JCVI who look at the benefit of vaccinations and they decided that in their eyes the benefit is marginal compared to youngsters catching it.
As well you know.
For the record, I'm sure the JCVI decision will be overridden on public safety grounds by the CMO's as the JCVI allowed them to in their judgement.

Last edited:
MHRA only determine if a medicine is safe and they gave emergency use notification for 12+ aged children.
That is a different thing entirely to JCVI who look at the benefit of vaccinations and they decided that in their eyes the benefit is marginal compared to youngsters catching it.
As well you know.
For the record, I'm sure the JCVI decision will be overridden on public safety grounds by the CMO's as the JCVI allowed them to in their judgement.

This isn't quite right, I think.

MHRA approve on risk/ benefit ie if the benefit exceeds the risk. They take into account both safety and efficacy.

JCVI recommend if a government sponsored rollout is appropriate. Their methodology seems less clear, but it seems the size of the benefit is at issue, not its existence. Their conclusions are in conflict with many others, as you well know.

We're now at the point where significant doubt has been quite unnecessarily cast on any final CMO conclusion such that a significant proportion of parents may withhold consent for what every single body that has ever looked at the question concludes has a positive risk/ benefit balance for the individuals, let alone the wider societal impact.

So more children will be hospitalised, more family members will die and the pandemic will be prolonged unnecessarily.

Found out one of my mates was really ill and in hospital for 10 days with it, on oxygen struggling to breathe. Spoke to him last night, he was double AZ jabbed, in pretty good health and is only 40.

The vaccine made a big difference but he still ended up in hospital. It's a bit of a worry as there seems to be a bit of complacency at the moment. Being at the match it was like covid had never happened.

I’ve tested positive recently, double jabbed with AZ

caught if off GF who lives with me who’s unvacc’d.

She’s had the full hit, extreme cough, fever, loss of smell and taste and she’s tired all the time.

Mine was limited to a splitting headache and neck pain, wasn’t pleasant but was nothing like my gf’s case of it.

On the impact of COVID on children and in schools, from Texas.

Note there's a major general outbreak of COVID in Tx right now, but equally children there *are* eligible for vaccination. I don't know what the take up is.

We keep on ignoring warnings from elsewhere, and always seem to believe it can't happen here.

Hospitals across the state are running low on pediatric intensive care unit beds.

ENGLAND HOSPITAL DATA

ADMISSIONS - THESE ARE FROM THURSDAY, FRIDAY & SATURDAY REMEMBER (48 hours old)

LAST SAT // THIS THURSDAY/FRIDAY/SATURDAY

688 // 788 // 688 // 752

So UP week to week by 64 SAT TO SAT.

By regions (LAST SATURDAY V THIS THURSDAY/FRIDAY/SATURDAY) :-

LONDON 116 V 122 / 102 / 88 - Steady fall here and well down Sat to Sat

MIDLANDS 133 V 123 / 150 / 148 - less good news here wk to wk

NE & YORKSHIRE 134 V 140 / 156 / 192 - Yorkshire seems to have had a very bad few days, Well up.

AND

NORTH WEST 101 V 128 / 109 / 99

So NW admitted one of the least of the four big regions again (though London seems to have overtaken it) and is slightly down week to week

ENGLAND HOSPITAL DATA

PATIENTS

THIS DATA IS FOR FRIDAY / SATURDAY / SUNDAY / TODAY

6195 / 6043 / 6167 / 6375

UP 180 FRI TO TODAY

Last week the equivalent numbers were

5889 / 5756 / 5855 / 6002

UP 111 FRI TO MON LAST WEEK

WEEKLY RISE MON TO MON 6002 - 6375 - RISE OF 373

LAST WEEK WEEKLY RISE WAS 6000 - 6002 - RISE OF 2

Numbers are starting to grow a little week to week

BY REGIONS

Last Monday - V Sat / Sun / Today - Up/down over week

LONDON 1192 - UP 42 V 1134 / 1143 / 1177 (UP 43 OVER WEEKEND) - DOWN 15 WK TO WK

MIDLANDS 1210 - UP 8 V 1174 / 1211 / 1243 (UP 69 OVER WEEKEND_+) - UP 33 WK TO WK

NE & YORKSHIRE 1104 UP 26 V 1127 / 1163 / 1213 (UP 86 OVER WEEKEND) UP 109 WK TO WK

AND

NORTH WEST 903 - UP 21 V 933 / 962 / 966 (UP 33 OVER WEEKEND) - UP 63 WK TO WK

YORKSHIRE HAS HAD A BAD WEEKEND

THE NORTH WEST IS EDGING UP A BIT BUT NOT AS BADLY. MANAGED TO STAY FLAT AND UNDER 1000 IN PAST WEEK.

The other smaller regions week to week Monday to today

East up from 521 to 551 today (UP 35 TODAY)

South East up from 612 to 704 today (UP 29 TODAY)

And South West up from 460 to 521 today (UP 24 TODAY)

These smaller regions are rising too now.

Headline:- Numbers in North West not rising fast just edging up and no panic at the moment. But everywhere is going up so collectively England numbers ARE rising.

ENGLAND HOSPITAL DATA

VENTILATORS

THIS DATA IS FOR FRIDAY / SATURDAY / SUNDAY / TODAY

889 / 880 / 878 / 909

Doing well until today when some regions had a big patient influx and these numbers rose by most in a while in one day 31. But up 20 over the weekend.

Last week the same days were:

874 / 835 / 850 / 859

So a Monday rise of just 9 and it FELL over that weekend by 15.

But UP 50 week to week 859 - 909

PREVIOUS WEEK UP JUST 14 FROM 845 TO 859

By regions (TODAY V LAST WEEK) :-

LONDON 237 (UP 7 TODAY V 221- UP 16 in week

MIDLANDS 168 (UP 1 TODAY) V 182 - DOWN 14 in week

NE & YORKSHIRE 147 (UP 6 TODAY V 133 - UP 14 in week

AND

NORTH WEST 116 (LEVEL TODAY) V 109 - UP 7 in week

The other regions LAST WEEK V TODAY

East UP 18 FROM 69 TO 87 - Not Good

South East UP 9 FROM 88 TO 97

And South West UP 7 FROM 60 TO 67

North West numbers seem to have stabilised and still clearly the lowest of the 4 big regions.

Yes, much as I just posted from N Ireland where the data is not split into ages as helpfully as Scotland does.

There are many more tests on school ages now and this is the big driver in both Scotland and N Ireland.

Will be too in England and why cases will undoubtedly sky rocket in next week or so.

You and many others said the same when pubs etc opened and it never happened. Scotland had risen before kids went back, that was all down to poor decision making by Sturgeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.