Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never been a particularly bad problem over there, they are a very fit nation generally so don’t struggle with the obesity issues that we do.

when you compare it to there neighbours it’s been bad. Not bad in terms of medical systems being over run and the likebut comparatively speaking.

compare with

Denmark. 6m population and 2.5k deaths.

Finland. 5m population and 1k deaths.

Norway. 5m Population and 820 deaths.

Sweden. 10m population and 14.5k deaths.

Stockholm alone compared to London with similar population densities.

Stockholm. Population just under 1m. Deaths 4300. Which is 4430 or so per million

London. Population 9m, deaths 16k which is about 1770 per million.

gives a good idea that we would be at least 3x worse off ( based on London vs Stockholm) assuming our hospitals didn’t crumble, if we had tried a similar system.

Last edited:
when you compare it to there neighbours it’s been bad. Not bad in terms of medical systems being over run and the likebut comparatively speaking.

compare with

Stockholm. Population just under 1m. Deaths 4300. Which is 4430 or so per million

gives a good idea that we would be at least 3x worse off ( based on London vs Stockholm) assuming our hospitals didn’t crumble, if we had tried a similar system.
Was chatting with my mate in Denmark yesterday (ex-ashton living City season ticket holder) says they're near enough back to normal now, thinks the general fitness/heath over there has helped keep the deaths down compared to the UK.

Sweden's way was never a good idea although we've sort of partly done that too here.

compare with

Not getting into a conversation about stats as obviously it looks worse on the surface compared to their neighbours, I’m purely talking from a position of my brother living and working in Stockholm and how their lives never stopped.

Not getting into a conversation about stats as obviously it looks worse on the surface compared to their neighbours, I’m purely talking from a position of my brother living and working in Stockholm and how their lives never stopped.

in all honesty I don’t see what they did as a fail in the grand scheme of things.

I have no idea if it was good planning or luck tho. They had the robust medical infrastructure in place which didn’t seem to be over stretched too much. They don’t have a lot of multi generational households which helped limit spread to the elderly etc etc.

main issue is(was) when some people have in the past suggested we could have done the same. That’s where competitive stats come in especially Stockholm vs London as it gives a good idea of how much worse our situation would have been even if the hospitals could have coped, which they couldn’t.

I have got covid at the moment and the worst thing about it is the test and trace people hounding you on the phone.
What a waste of money that is.

If / when I get it - and I believe everyone is going to catch it at some point - I’ll be slamming the phone down and blocking the cunts.

Nothing more than a job creation scheme and a way of pumping some cash into the employment market.

If / when I get it - and I believe everyone is going to catch it at some point - I’ll be slamming the phone down and blocking the cunts.

Nothing more than a job creation scheme and a way of pumping some cash into the employment market.
They phoned me this morning when I was trying to get ready for work.
I said I am still isolating and I know when I need to isolate to. Is there anything else. He said they need to tell me about symptoms I might get. I said are you going to tell me anything different to what is freely available on the Internet and I've read many times already? No.
They 'have' to call me back later as I couldn't/wouldn't speak this morning.

I said I am still isolating and I know when I need to isolate to. Is there anything else. He said they need to tell me about symptoms I might get. I said are you going to tell me anything different to what is freely available on the Internet and I've read many times already? No.

Just don’t answer the phone to the wankers.

That’s just people trying to do their job mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.