Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is IF the ones who are doing the right thing and self isolate do not answer the phone because it is a waste of time it in effect justifies the ones who are only pretending to self isolate and not doing to get on with breaking the rules.

Think about it that way. The ones being polite and taking the calls are exposing the ones who break the rules to getting caught. And hopefully being punished. Though the latter is I suspect not very likely.

ZOE APP NEWS

HERE IS TUESDAYS UPDATE - TODAY WILL HOPEFULLY BE ON TIME LATER

Predicted cases UP - after one day of going down VERY slightly.

Though by just by 78 - on 52, 127 UP FROM 52, 049

In other words it is really flat.

However, ongoing symptomatic cases FELL slightly for second day running.

DOWN to 737, 907 FROM 738, 359 - which at 452 is at least a bigger fall than the previous day's fall of 71 ongoing cases!

So in essence Zoe is showing the same kind of flatness the real data has been doing.

Thing is IF the ones who are doing the right thing and self isolate do not answer the phone because it is a waste of time it in effect justifies the ones who are only pretending to self isolate and not doing to get on with breaking the rules.

Think about it that way. The ones being polite and taking the calls are exposing the ones who break the rules to getting caught. And hopefully being punished. Though the latter is I suspect not very likely.
I do love the idea of a public health strategy that relies on punishment. It seriously means that strategy, for want of a better word, has completely failed.
We have encouraged a low wage and/or gig economy, which only pays you when you go to work and, staying at home for 10 days can have a huge impact on your ability to pay your rent or put food on the table and the answer, presumably, is to fine them?
If they’d only agreed to pay people £500 a week whilst they were isolating, following a symptomatic positive test it would have saved an absolute fortune. Problem is, with an inherently suspicious government, especially in relation to the poor, they though a few scallies might game the system. Undoubtedly that is true but it would have been peanuts compared to what they’ve spent on very little.

ZOE APP DATA

AGAIN TUESDAY DATA - TODAYS WILL COME LATER

REGIONS:-

North West UP AGAIN to 750 / 986 FROM 713 / 946

NW moves UP to FOURTH of the 12 regions after 48 hours of rising.

Behind Scotland (still TOP) Yorkshire (still Second), Wales - still third.

BUT Northern Ireland has been dropping like a stone and gone from worst to best in UK inside a week!

And North East slips behind the NORTH WEST into fifth place.

Scotland TOP is UP - on 928 / 1227 FROM 909 / 1207

Yorkshire in second is UP on 808 / 1088 FROM 802 / 1082

WALES rises again UP on 775 / 1115 FROM 749 / 1086

And North East now in fifth FALLS to 634 / 1032 FROM 640 / 1041.

N Ireland DOWN all the way to best in UK with a very big drop which looks very suspicious to me.

On 298 / 1075 FROM 476 / 1384 in one day!-

It has been falling like a stone from top a few days ago. But to suddenly go all the way to best in UK is in need of caution I think.

London has gone DOWN again too on 588 / 753 FROM 598 / 765 but goes above Northern Ireland.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.