Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
got train all week to work, they're pretty packed - would day 40% wearing mask.
I don't know why it's not 99% wearing them? I thought it was a rule that you HAD to wear one on public transport in GM (unless you're exempt). Especially with the flu season coming up it just seems like the decent thing to do.

This pandemic has shown how selfish people are. I'm young, fit, eat well, double vaccinated, so I have little worry of being ill with COVID, but I feel like I have a duty to wear a mask and ensure other people's safety. Maybe I'm just a busy body though. :')

Those hospitalised have increased over the last few weeks, but the current reality is that the increase is slight and total numbers have plateaued. If case numbers continue to fall then hospitalisations will also fall a week or so later.
I agree this is true and they HAVE fallen in England a little over the last two days and in N Ireland too. And the rise in Scotland has significantly slowed.

I post the full England data every evening around 6 pm and numbers are not shooting up despite weeks of cases at 40K or so a day because most cases never reach hospital as nearly half are under 21 who are in those 40K cases and do not get very sick. And those who do go in are being matched by shorter stays balancing the ins with those being discharged which means numbers are staying pretty flat,

As of last night the rise week to week was 104 - an increase in 7 days of under 2%.

Last edited:
I don't know why it's not 99% wearing them? I thought it was a rule that you HAD to wear one on public transport in GM (unless you're exempt). Especially with the flu season coming up it just seems like the decent thing to do.

This pandemic has shown how selfish people are. I'm young, fit, eat well, double vaccinated, so I have little worry of being ill with COVID, but I feel like I have a duty to wear a mask and ensure other people's safety. Maybe I'm just a busy body though. :')

Nope, no ones bothering on trains anymore

I agree this is true and they HAVE fallen in England a little over the last two days and in N Ireland too. And the rise in Scotland has significantly slowed.

I post the full England data every evening around 6 pm and numbers are not shooting up despite weeks of cases at 40K or so a day because most cases never reach hospital as nearly half are under 21 who are in those 40K cases and do not get very sick. And those who do go in are being matched by shorter stays balancing the ins with those being discharged which means numbers are staying pretty flat,

As of last night the rise week to week was 104 - an increase in 7 days of under 2%.
I appreciate that you probably don't know, but you're the go-to-woman for statistics.

Do we know if there's any information about the percentage of people in hospitals who are vaccinated/unvaccinated?

Id' hazard a guess that at least 6k of the 8k currently in hospital are not fully vaccinated. But I have nothing to base this on.

WALES DATA

4 deaths - was 9 last week

2891 cases - was 2297 last week

11.1% positivity - was 11.7% last week

505 patients - was 428 last week

47 ventilated - was 46 last week

WALES STILL HAS A FEW PROBLEMS BUT THE POSITIVITY IS DOWN

ALSO THE WEEKLY POP SCORE FOR WALES (ON THE 5 DAY OLD DATA THE GOV USE) HAS FALLEN IN THE PAST WEEK FROM 558 to 494.

YOU CAN DIRECTLY COMPARE THAT NUMBER WITH THE UP TO DATE TEN GM BOROUGHS POSTED HERE LAST NIGHT WHERE THE LOWEST (MANCHESTER) IS ON 245 AND THE HIGHEST (STOCKPORT) ON 359 - BOTH FALLING IN THE PAST WEEK _ SO AS YOU CAN SEE SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER THAN WALES. WHICH HAS THE MOST PROBLEMSIN THE UK RIGHT NOW I THINK.

I appreciate that you probably don't know, but you're the go-to-woman for statistics.

Do we know if there's any information about the percentage of people in hospitals who are vaccinated/unvaccinated?

Id' hazard a guess that at least 6k of the 8k currently in hospital are not fully vaccinated. But I have nothing to base this on.

LOTS OF DATA IN THE ABOVE PAPER FROM THE ONS

CLICK ON THE VACCINES LINK IN THE BAR OF OPTIONS

ZOE APP NEWS

TODAY'S UPDATE

Predicted cases ARE UP for fourth day running. But only by a tiny amount.

Today FROM 47, 277 TO 47, 293 TODAY - a rise of 16- which is DOWN from a rise of 283 yesterday and from a rise of 379 two days ago.

It WAS 50, 626 last Thursday - a FALL of 1501.

Ongoing symptomatic cases did still FALL for tenth day running.

But again by a slightly smaller number.

FROM 691, 072 TO 686, 943 TODAY - A fall of 4129 after a fall of 4595 yesterday and falls of 4710, 6108, 9353, 7567 and 6297 in previous days.

IT WAS 729, 890 last Thursday.

You would expect a lag to the change in ongoing cases after a rise or fall in daily case numbers.

I decided to get the tram to the game yesterday. I was one of probably around 10% of people wearing a mask. They were absolutely crowded (especially from Picc gardens to the Etihad). There was one bloke coughing his guts up right near me... no mask, coughing on his hand then holding the rail again. Literally non-stop coughing for the whole journey.

I know it doesn't mean it was COVID, but you'd wear a mask wouldn't you? Mental.

I don't think I'll get the tram again.
Yeah, it's not good. Was in the arndale just over a week ago. Packed. I'd say it was 10%, at best, wearing a mask, probably lower....

Then went to Majorca for 6 nights in and around Palma. Every building i went in, every bus, shop, restaurant, 100% mask wearing, not a single exception, not difficult is it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.