Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK Germany currently still requires covid passport for entry to hospitality venues, and mask wearing in indoor spaces. Could be wrong.
I know someone who was in Germany recently that said that they are very strict about COVID safety, so it's likely that to get in somewhere without a mask you need proof of no COVID.

NORTH WEST & GREATER MANCHESTER SUMMARY

Nice to report some good news today. Even for Stockport!

May well be a flash in the pan and shoot back up tomorrow but a pretty good day all round.

North West - down on day by 355 to 4260 & Down week to week by 106.

Greater Manchester - Down 162 of that 355 on the day to 1446. Which is down 88 of the NW week to week fall of 106 from 1534 last week.

Rochdale had the worst score week to week - up 56 and Manchester was up 28. Bolton and Bury up by less but also up week to week.

Wigan did a Stockport of yesterday and stayed week to week on the same score of 187.

This was actually 1 higher than Trafford who fell by 55 to 186 - though Tameside again was the star DOWN 60 week to week to just 106.

Stockport and Salford both fell by 42 week to week - Stockport's lowest numbers since 26 September on 171 - in fourth place for the first time in the numbers for ages.

Its a Sunday and data can be iffy over the weekend and Stockport has a habit of having a good day and then reversing the next so we will see.....but for now to only see Manchester above 200 today (232) is certainly a step in the right direction.

Oldham was again lowest score and only one sub 100 on 92. Zoe has problems I know but is reading them right at the moment as it saw Oldham's big fall and has had them best in GM for a day or two now and they unexpectedly are.

Russia has reported a record number of new coronavirus infections in the last 24 hours with cases hitting 34,303 - the highest since the pandemic began.
It represents a hike of more than 70% when compared with last month's figure of 20,174.

ENGLAND REGIONS

EAST FALLS BY 567 - TO 4110 V 3543 - UP 567 IN WEEK

LONDON FALLS BY 37 - TO 3448 V 2855 UP 593 IN WEEK

SOUTH EAST UP BY 593 TO 6867 V 4892 - UP 1975 IN PAST WEEK AND NOW 2607 AHEAD OF THE NW AND A HUGE WEEKLY RISE. LONG TIME SINCE WE SAW NEARLY 7000 IN A REGION

SOUTH WEST UP BY 147 TO 6751 V 4892 UP 1759 IN WEEK

THESE ARE ABSOLUTELY GIGANTIC RISES WEEK TO WEEK AND IN TERMS OF NUMBERS FOR THIRD DAY RUNNING IN SE AND SW - BOTH 50% MORE CASES THAN NORTH WEST RIGHT NOW

IT WAS THE NORTH WEST DRIVING THE UK RISES BUT THE SOUTHERN REGIONS ARE THE MAIN PROBLEM

BUT HOW MUCH IS DOWN TO THE PROBLEMS WITH WRONG TEST RESULTS THAT ALL NEEDED RETESTING?

EAST MIDLANDS FALLS BY 40 - TO 3382 V 3434 DOWN 52 IN WEEK

WEST MIDLANDS FALLS BY 701 - TO 3864 V 3221 UP 643 IN WEEK

NORTH EAST FALLS BY 158 - TO 1562 V 1555 - UP 7 IN WEEK

YORKSHIRE UP BY 332 TO 3759 V 3567 - UP 192 IN WEEK

AND

NORTH WEST FALLS BY 355 TO 4260 V 4366 - DOWN 106 IN WEEK

GM AS A PERCENTAGE OF NORTH WEST CASES

TODAY 33.2% DOWN ON YESTERDAY WHEN IT WAS 34.8% AND BELOW GM PAR

AND QUITE A BIT DOWN TOO WEEK TO WEEK FROM WHAT WAS LAST WEEK 37.1%

A GOOD DAY IN GREATER MANCHESTER V NORTH WEST

In the regional numbers above you can see the reason that cases in England are well up week to week.

And it is NOT the North West, which has in fact been pretty flat and is even falling a bit, With GM doing its share of that falling,

The same is true of the Midlands and other northern regions.

The current rise is coming from the south. Not at present London but the South East and the South West that have both escalated dramaically over this week.

South West is TRIPLE where it was when Trafford went up. South East by about 50%. Both way up in the high 6000s and far ahead of the northern regions.

I am speculating that the SW testing problem has added in a lot of cases that were wrongly assigned as negative and if so this may just be a temporary jump up as these cases work through,

If it is a real increase instead it seems to have drifted north to south - Scotland - then North West - the Midlands and now the South.

We will see I guess.

As I noted yesterday today despite modest cases North West DID take over as the region with the highest number of cases across the pandemic 1, 128, 996 V London on 1, 128, 427.

Not only that, because of its sudden run of high cases South East became the thirs region to go over one million cases across the pandemic - now on 1,000, 641.

Good explanation here as to why we’re faring worse than the rest of Western Europe in terms of deaths, cases and hospitalisations.

That is scary. Why is our booster campaign so slow? What is going wrong?

It is, as my friend who is VERY vulnerable and on the sheilding list still has had neither flu nor booster despite being EIGHT months post her second AZ. She is going off to stay with friends in Wales next week and will go to a crowded theatre to watch a concert and will not wear a mask as her breathing issues make that impossible. I pleaded with her this evening to pester her GP for the booster tomorrow. I doubt she will.As he just fobbed her off last time and she does not like to pester.

Why is it taking so long?

That is scary. Why is our booster campaign so slow? What is going wrong?

It is, as my friend who is VERY vulnerable and on the sheilding list still has had neither flu nor booster despite being EIGHT months post her second AZ. She is going off to stay with friends in Wales next week and will go to a crowded theatre to watch a concert and will not wear a mask as her breathing issues make that impossible. I pleaded with her this evening to pester her GP for the booster tomorrow. I doubt she will.As he just fobbed her off last time and she does not like to pester.

Why is it taking so long?
The vulnerable are not eligible for receiving the booster yet. I fall in the same category as your friend. Currently, I am on the top whack of Prednisolone and a little bit worried. Just tried booking the booster through NHS website and it is only open to NHS and care workers.

GREATER MANCHESTER CASES TODAY

MANCHESTER 232 - Down 32 on yesterday, up 28 on last week.Pop Score up 42. Pop Score 16, 684

WIGAN 187 - Up 64 on yesterday, Level on last week, Pop Score up 57 to 16, 168

TRAFFORD 186 - Down 8 on yesterday, Down 55 on last week. Pop Score up 78 - highest in GM today. Pop Score 15, 126

STOCKPORT 171 - Down 71 on yesterday. Down 42 on last week. Pop Score up 59. Lowest here in two weeks. Pop Score 14, 844

Stockport gained 19 on Trafford today. Now leads Trafford for lowest Pop Score in GM by 282.

ROCHDALE 151 - Up 15 on yesterday. Up 56 on last week. Pop Score up 68. Above Stockport. Pop Score 16, 434

BOLTON 116 - Down 1 on yesterday. Up 17 on last week. Pop Score up 40 Will be in the 16 K club tomorrow. Pop Score 15, 975.

TAMESIDE 106 - Down 38 on yesterday. Down 60 on last week. Pop Score up 46. Pop Score 15, 918. May also make the 16 K club tomrrw thogh more likely Tuesday.

SALFORD 103 - Down 39 on yesterday. Down 42 on last week. Pop Score up 39. Pop Score 16, 749.

BURY 102 - Down 23 on yesterday, Up 18 on last week. Pop Score up 54. Pop Score 15, 828.

OLDHAM 92 - Down 29 on yesterday. Down 8 on last week. Pop Score up 38. Lowest in GM today. Pop Score 17, 079.

Despite being the best in GM right now Oldham has the highest Pop Score across the pandemic because of its big scores over the past 18 months. The only borough in the 17K club It gained 1 on Salford today who are the closest to joining it over 17,000. Though Salford is 330 behind Oldham and on current numbers a week or so away from 17K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.