Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roughly how long does it take for PCR result? Daughter and I got tested at around 4pm yesterday. Her text was this morning but came back with a void outcome! I haven’t had mine yet. Is it usually the day after?

Looks like Sajid is going to tell the over 50’s to stop being selfish and get their boosters. The younger people will have only have had their 2nd jab in the last 3-4 months so the oldies need to pull their fingers out.

Boosters haven't been offered to me as a 52yo.

I wonder if he will promise that he will follow his own guidance on mask wearing in the House of Commons.

I expect not.

Roughly how long does it take for PCR result? Daughter and I got tested at around 4pm yesterday. Her text was this morning but came back with a void outcome! I haven’t had mine yet. Is it usually the day after?

Three of us were tested at Etihad Monday. Took about 24 hours, but with about 6 hours difference fastest to slowest.

There is no conclusive evidence that they make a difference either way.
Do you believe that wearing a mask has an adverse effect?
If not, then where's the harm in trying it? And more to the point, trying to encourage others to do the same.

The difference in case numbers of countries like France and Spain vs the UK is staggering. To believe that this is either down to the way cases are counted or due to a myriad of other factors is being deliberately disingenuous.

And if all this evidence isn't enough, then it only strengthens the case for the government to make masks mandatory to force people who wouldn't otherwise wear them to begin doing so now before it's too late.

How do you (or they) know that the reduction in prevalence was not down to any of the other initiatives they enacted, or indeed the other hundreds of factors inherent in every day life?
This is the type of reoccurring, unhelpful 'debate' usually from anti-vaxers or conspiracy theorists.

You don't like the results of something, so you either attempt to discredit it or flat out refuse to believe it. Read the articles, click the sources, do your own research. If you have your mind made that masks don't work (despite evidence literally right there) then be my guest.

There is clear evidence there that wearing masks helps. It's not the golden bullet that eliminates COVID, but it's better than not wearing masks. If you don't want to see that, there's no point arguing with you. Continue being selfish.

ZOE SUMMARY TODAY

NO GOOD NEWS HERE - NUMBERS STILL
SHOOTING UP AND ANOTHER MILESTONE PASSED TODAY

PREDICTED CASES WELL UP AGAIN- ON 81. 823 FROM 78, 993

THIS IS THE MOST EVER ON ZOE - UP BY 2830 today after past few day rises of 2591, 2143, 1733, 1281 yesterday & 1147 in previous days.

Not a good looking trajectory as it is clearly increasing the rise every day.

It was 69, 845 last week.

ONGOING INFECTIONS - CLOSING IN ON THE HIGHEST NUMBER OVER ONE MILLION WE HAD IN MID JANUARY AT THE HEIGHT OF THE UKs WORST EVER WAVE.

1, 040, 077 - UP frpm, 1, 020, 264 - a rise of 19, 833 after rises of 10, 318, 8102, 8440 & 8870 in days before.

AGAIN A VERY WORRYING FAST UPWARD TRAJECTORY AS THE CURVE ON THE GRAPH PLOT - WHICH WAS LAST WEEK TAILING OFF - IS NOW CLEARLY ESCALATING UPWARDS AGAIN

HIGHEST ZOE HAS EVER REACHED WAS 1, 059, 670 ON 11 JANUARY. SO WE SEEM ONE DAY AWAY FROM ECLIPSING THAT AND SETTING ANOTHER NEW UNWANTED RECORD

It fell below 1 million for the last time on 15 January.

Today week to week it us up by a weekly RISE of 77, 803 after one of 64, 969 & 62, 008 past two days - SO THESE NUMBERS TOO ARE SHOOTING UPWARD TOO.

THE CURVE ON THE GRAPH IS ALMOST VERTICAL AFTER CLEARLY STARTNG TO FLATTEN OFF 10 DAYS AGO

Ongoing case numbers will always lag daily cases as if you catch Covid you will be a Covid case for a week or two but a new case only once.

Do you believe that wearing a mask has an adverse effect?
If not, then where's the harm in trying it? And more to the point, trying to encourage others to do the same.

The difference in case numbers of countries like France and Spain vs the UK is staggering. To believe that this is either down to the way cases are counted or due to a myriad of other factors is being deliberately disingenuous.

And if all this evidence isn't enough, then it only strengthens the case for the government to make masks mandatory to force people who wouldn't otherwise wear them to begin doing so now before it's too late.
I do not believe they have an adverse effect however if you want to force people to do something they would not naturally do, at the stage of a pandemic, the burden of proof in demonstrating a material benefit lies firmly with you.

Are you saying there are no factors thay differentiate the UK from France or Spain?

I wonder if he will promise that he will follow his own guidance on mask wearing in the House of Commons.

I expect not.
Very few masks on the government benches at PMQs today. Even if they don’t want to make mask wearing mandatory, which I do understand, they should be aware that people respond to ’nudges’, and if they see their representatives wearing masks, they might just follow suit. It’s an issue in the U.K. that has now been tied to freedom of choice, but I confess to not understanding the logic in that.

This is the type of reoccurring, unhelpful 'debate' usually from anti-vaxers or conspiracy theorists.

You don't like the results of something, so you either attempt to discredit it or flat out refuse to believe it. Read the articles, click the sources, do your own research. If you have your mind made that masks don't work (despite evidence literally right there) then be my guest.

There is clear evidence there that wearing masks helps. It's not the golden bullet that eliminates COVID, but it's better than not wearing masks. If you don't want to see that, there's no point arguing with you. Continue being selfish.
Asking how a scientific trial is controlled and its results disentangled is not tantamount to anti-vax or the peddling of conspiracries.

Asking others to change how they behave to mitigate your own fear is selfishness.

I expect not.
It has to be at least 182 days after your second jab. My earliest date as a 67 year old is November 3rd and currently I can’t book one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.