Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then just a matter of more time before the next mutant takes over?

I said last year that I do think this will become a yearly vacccine event like Flu. I had since hoped I was being a bit alarmist but we're already at booster shots which I think will be yearly. and then we'll cover off new variants with those I guess.

I said last year that I do think this will become a yearly vacccine event like Flu. I had since hoped I was being a bit alarmist but we're already at booster shots which I think will be yearly. and then we'll cover off new variants with those I guess.
Israel could start giving out 4th dose suggests health minister..

Whilst undoubtedly true, it also applies the other way, with Covid variants being the gift that keeps on giving.
They provide,in essence, confirmation of everyones personal view, existing biases and preoccupations confirmation of their private preconceptions relating to politics, interventions, vaccination and the like.
Yet another example of where we’ve lost the ability for a rational discussion, where different views are not merely tolerated but actively encouraged and shades of grey are the norm not the exception and we’re all much worse off for it.
Dissident voices can be irritating so silencing them to create a cosy consensus is great until the day arrives when the cosy consensus is wrong, and that day will come.

This is going to be the test to see if its bypassed Vaccines I guess :(
The people identified had been vaccinated but all were returning travellers. Don’t know whether they were Ill or just picked up in regular checks. Israel is already ordering PCR kits that are better able to detect this new variant. Of the serious cases currently in Israel, 85% are among the unvaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.