Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For every one of you and Bluehammer theres 10 others taking the piss, especially Civil Servants, local government workers and GP’s all of who take an age to even answer the phone. My Doc is still WFH, appointments are over the phone only, limited to mornings.

It took my mate nearly a year to process his Dad’s probate and trying to get info from the HMRC is turgid at best. They’re all WFH and it’s not effective.

I have done WFH in the past, it’s easier because you just don’t have interruptions, however, you also don’t help out with tasks that are not really your job but do so to assist for missing or over stretched colleagues. It may just be answering the phone but that can be important if there’s a potential or existing client on the other end. The ideas pool is also not there when everyone is working remotely. For lone workers it’s ideal but I can understand why businesses want their staff back, even on a part time basis.

Id suggest you have your scales the wrong way around. Probably 1 in 10 piss takers.

GP’s don’t work from home by the way. While they absolutely have dropped the ball in a lot of cases ( I have a close family friend who died cos of GP’s not seeing him ) they are alway in office as they can’t access medical records from home.

As for probate? That can and does take years sometimes, it took my mum about 4 years to get hers when her Mum died. What make you think it’s working from home vs any other of the thousands of delays that can occur?

personally I am loving working from home. Saving 3h a day sat on trains or platforms waiting for trains ( and yes I was working on those trains very often ). My teams productivity has stayed high throughout.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00648-4/fulltext 'Nonetheless, fully vaccinated individuals with breakthrough infections have peak viral load similar to unvaccinated cases and can efficiently transmit infection in household settings, including to fully vaccinated contacts.'

That's not contradictory.

Viral load is a proxy for infectivity, and yes, vaccinated people can and do transmit.

But the evidence is that they do so less than vaccinated.

I am pretty sure I read a report that this changed with the Delta variant and that vaccinated carriers had just as high viral loads in their nasal passages.

Yes, that's correct.

But viral load in nasal passages is a proxy. It may be that peak load lasts for shorter periods of time, for instance.

Studies that actually look at infections site a reduction.

As PHE state in their report.

Who is he? Not taking the piss btw.

he’s a retired A&E nurse who has a load of qualifications in medicine and has been teaching nurses for years etc but his doctorate is in philosophy so not an MD.

to start with he was a really good source of information as he managed to break down complex papers into easy understood videos. However in recent months he seems to be falling off the wagon a bit. He seems to be trying to fill air time for a video every day and seems to be drawing a lot of very strange conclusions. His video on Japan is a good example. He 100% believes japans fixed covid with ivermectin despite all double blind trials saying it doenst work. I feel he is been driven down rabbit holes as he takes requests from his views on shah to look at.

Ive stopped taking what he says as solid info, no doubt some useful stuff in there still but he’s letting personal opinion cloud he interpretation of the data now.

he’s a retired A&E nurse who has a load of qualifications in medicine and has been teaching nurses for years etc but his doctorate is in philosophy so not an MD.

to start with he was a really good source of information as he managed to break down complex papers into easy understood videos. However in recent months he seems to be falling off the wagon a bit. He seems to be trying to fill air time for a video every day and seems to be drawing a lot of very strange conclusions. His video on Japan is a good example. He 100% believes japans fixed covid with ivermectin despite all double blind trials saying it doenst work.

Sounds like a total fruit loop.

Sounds like a total fruit loop.

he was an excellent source to start with without doubt. With info on how the body and immune system was working and being able to read the papers and translate for laymen.

he should have tried to limit his videos to one every few days instead of trying to fill time etc.

For every one of you and Bluehammer theres 10 others taking the piss, especially Civil Servants, local government workers and GP’s all of who take an age to even answer the phone. My Doc is still WFH, appointments are over the phone only, limited to mornings.

It took my mate nearly a year to process his Dad’s probate and trying to get info from the HMRC is turgid at best. They’re all WFH and it’s not effective.

I have done WFH in the past, it’s easier because you just don’t have interruptions, however, you also don’t help out with tasks that are not really your job but do so to assist for missing or over stretched colleagues. It may just be answering the phone but that can be important if there’s a potential or existing client on the other end. The ideas pool is also not there when everyone is working remotely. For lone workers it’s ideal but I can understand why businesses want their staff back, even on a part time basis.

For balance I will say that I don't like how work can now spread into my home life. This was well summed up here;

im just an old fecker,,home is for living in work is for working in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.