Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they were dismantled as they didn't get used and were a complete waste of money.
The point was that the numbers never reached crisis point, not the cost per se. Now some are saying the NHS could be overwhelmed. They should have been mothballed.

I thought they were dismantled as they didn't get used and were a complete waste of money.
They were built as an insurance with the hope they wouldn’t be needed and just about we escaped without using them because of the restrictions.
I guess we now hope the vaccines will mean we don’t need them. Hopefully the few restrictions and vaccines will mean we still don’t need them.I don’t think we will, but hospitals will feel the strain this winter.

But who decides who is able to work from home? I spend a large part of my day at laptop so you could argue that should be done from home, but I also have to deal with staff issues, logistics issues, not always that clear cut

I assume the employee does at this point as they would be the ones getting pulled over, If an employee feels they cannot do there work from home then fair doo's. If an employee feels they are fine working from home but gets called in to work anyways is another matter.

I don't think we are being told lies, there is nothing in it for the great economies of this world, currently in the shitter and now on the hook for circa £40 trillion between them.

However, I do believe sometimes the people in power and experts genuinely don't know, but need to maintain the veneer to the wider public that they are the people to be trusted to get it right, otherwise the economy is the last thing we will need to be worried about.

When it comes to Boris and Sir Chris Whitty, I think it would do no harm to them on occasion to say, "fuck if we know."
And that’s what happened after last nights meeting. Boris pretty much said they just don’t know enough at present and wanted to wait for more data.And he then got slated by the media and opposition for being indecisive. Personally I’d rather hear ‘we don’t know’ if that is the truth.

My 21-year-old son who lives and works in Cardiff has just phoned he has tested positive. He was travelling back home tomorrow and going to the game with me on Boxing Day.
He is going for a PCR test tomorrow and hopefully will test negative.
If not he will have to isolate on his own for 10 days. His girlfriend has already gone home to her mam and dads.
Omicron is really going to screw up families Christmas. His Nana in her 80s hasn't seen him for months.
Shite shite and shite..hope ya son gets out for nye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.