Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the last week, he says, the UK has vaccinated around two million people - more people than it did in the entirety of December.

The exact figures will be published tomorrow, he adds.
I will be chuffed to bits if we really made 2 million jabs last week; would give us a huge moral boost in the dark week ahead to know that acceleration possible.

I took my parents for their 2nd Covid jabs last Sunday. Feel a bit guilty on their behalf when I read of Blues on here whose parents haven't had their 1st jab yet.

I won't say where I work but we have a new essential store which we have purchased. It starts with us tomorrow and all of the staff will Tupe over to us.

II'm told to go and make sure every actually shows up for work.
Personally i think this is against the rules as it isn't an emergency or anything but I'm a key worker and so it's my intention to count everyone in and return home.
Our management would like us to join a video call from the store and get everyone in a room to see the screen so they can be greet our new employees. This call will take place several hours later.

They are telling me this at which point I stop them to clarify.... "Against government legislation you want me to drive to a store around 40 minutes away from my house, go into a room with around 10 other people, wait there for several hours so that you can, from the safety of your home, say hello to these people???"

Yes, that's what they want me to do. I refuse. It kicks off and I'm told that I must do it or else.
I refuse and inform them that my former partner is shielding and I'm sharing the childcare responsibilities, she could die and what for???? So they can say hello to some people in a shop.
I then received a carefully worded email confirming that I need to attend and given instructions for joining the video call.

I'm going to go, count the people and leave. I'll have to deal with the fallout.

My company are absolutely unimpressed by this.

Flabbergasted how some people are not taking this seriously and putting lives at risk. Basically threatening my livelihood because I don't want to die and leave my kids without a dad!!

This is becoming a problem now so many managers etc working from home dont give a shit about us having to work.
It's really beginning to get to me.
I havent had one meeting about covid19 from our management. The only time we saw him was when he came in and bollocked me for my attitude lol
Other than that he has been in his house with a saving of around 2k in travel expenses basically a 2k pay rise. As we put our self at risk every day.
We havent even got a covid19 policy ! Make it as we go

I feel for you matey , my family come first. Have heard alot of stories like yours my mate being on. Being made to go into the office in London, to organise the work for his team, when he can do it from home !. He is the support bubble for his parents both in their 90's.

I will be chuffed to bits if we really made 2 million jabs last week; would give us a huge moral boost in the dark week ahead to know that acceleration possible.

I took my parents for their 2nd Covid jabs last Sunday. Feel a bit guilty on their behalf when I read of Blues on here whose parents haven't had their 1st jab yet.

i suspect we are up to 2 million not 3.5 million.

Okay this may or may not slip, but think it probably won’t and wouldn’t be surprised if they get ahead. Either way sounds good news

Every adult will be offered a Covid-19 vaccine by the autumn, Health Secretary Matt Hancock says.

He adds that this will be "according to need", with the most vulnerable offered a vaccine first.

Over the last week, he says, the UK has vaccinated around two million people - more people than it did in the entirety of December.

The exact figures will be published tomorrow, he adds.

If they've really done 2 million this week, that's a remarkable increase, and suggests that figures on Thursady weren't right.

Perhaps I am just getting to old and bitter, but I feel sorry for people that have to clean up behind thoughtless people.
When I have to do litter picking I hate it I have never drop litter in my life.
I need to retire;)
I’ve done that job picking litter up,back of my jacket said community payback or something to that effect

Can anyone tell me if you receive some sort of certification once you have had the 2nd vaccination ? Thought you will need it for future travel abroad

Now that's how I am in normal times to scared to watch lol.
But football at the minute doesnt do much for me and can take it or leave it.
I am not emotionally engaged with it, I cant go to watch, no fans,
If City had lost to utd i really wouldnt have been bothered ( cant believe I just wrote that ! ).
Football could be stopped at any minute, the league, cups, promotion, relegation could all be decided on which teams have been hit the least by covid19. That's not sport that's a lottery.

By all means have a round robin league etc but that's not kid ourselves it's the premier league, with a premier league title being awarded to someone ;)
i was honestly not one bit anxious about the match, usually on derby day its the first thing that comes into my mind as soon as i wake up, that's if I've been to sleep, even the banter at work is non existent

If they've really done 2 million this week, that's a remarkable increase, and suggests that figures on Thursady weren't right.
I was surprised by that, I would have been pleased with anything over 1 mill and getting up to 2 next week. If they have hit 2 last week will be very good news. Of course it is Hancock always a chance he miss spoke.Lets hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.