Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of recommendations in Sweden, rather than rules, and people follow the recommendations quite well. They have basically stayed the same the whole time as well.
I know mate, just I remember only a few weeks ago when the hospitals in Stockholm were announced as being completely full and you were potentially (or did) send poorly patients across to Norway and/or Denmark. The recommendations got tightened/increased but you never went to lockdown yet you’ve got over the peak quite well.

We will be in and out of lockdowns for a few years yet.
Fuck me, I couldn’t be any more bored of this shit if I tried. Funnily enough it sort of answers the questions I raised a couple of pages back as to why we’ve got these variants.

Anyone want to buy a nice house in Rammy, or I’ll swap for something in New Zealand....

Bristol variant , Manchester variant. Scaremongering bollocks. Every virus will have thousands of variants, the press need to stop with this shit. If something crops up that means the vaccine won’t stop you getting very poorly hospitalised or dead then let’s hear it. Otherwise it’s putting the fear of Christ into people, it’s going to have a seriously debilitating effect on the mental wellbeing of this country. And we’ve already been battered senseless by that. Enough.

Bristol variant , Manchester variant. Scaremongering bollocks. Every virus will have thousands of variants, the press need to stop with this shit. If something crops up that means the vaccine won’t stop you getting very poorly hospitalised or dead then let’s hear it. Otherwise it’s putting the fear of Christ into people, it’s going to have a seriously debilitating effect on the mental wellbeing of this country. And we’ve already been battered senseless by that. Enough.
JVT likes this

Okey dokely, questions and musings for the more knowledgable among the bluemoonerati...

Bear with me as I’m not always the best at getting my thoughts written down:

Non political answers please!

Why is it that we’ve had this bigger spike than most countries across the world who’ve also had this 3rd wave? We saw the graphs posted from earlier today, including European countries who have also had variants. I watch the Americans in a stadium watching the Super Bowl etc.

Is it because our borders have been so lax that we‘ve had more variants which eventually have caused ones that have been so much more transmissible? I expected other countries to be suffering the same way we have been yet we seem to be the worst.

I speak to my brother in Stockholm nearly every day, and after the news a few weeks ago about their hospitals getting full it hasn’t really changed and they seem to be over their peak too, and bear in mind they’ve had ZERO lockdown, my brother who is a hairdresser hasn’t ever been had the shop closed, and restaurants and bars still open etc, they’ve just had to be a bit more careful.

Thoughts?
More infectious variant with high pop density while keeping schools open and mon essential shops open.
Kids 12-14 are THREE times more infectious with the UK variant and while isolating infect most of the household rather than non or 1 other. Devastating in multgenerational households.
Result. Wildfire spread.
What used to work to stop the spread didn't any more. Only lock down with school closure works.
Ireland has had it too but schools were closed when the infection accelerated so managed to damp down quite a lot.
All over Europe they have locked down hard with knowledge of UK spread but the variant is now dominant in Denmark, Holland, Belgium, France, Spain and Portugal.
Portugal cases went ballistic 2 weeks ago and it is really grim (the equivalent of nearly 2000 deaths a day in the UK), Spain has reached critical mass(60% new varriant) and started escalating this week.
France has locked down hard to keep it at bay.
Italy is going to kop it big time as they have opened up due to riots and protests. The case escalation has already started.
Only lockdown and vaccination will work against the new variant.

Last edited:
More infectious variant while keeping schools open and mon essential shops open.. Kids 12-14 are THREE times more infectious with the UK variant and while isolating infect most of the household rather than non or 1 other. Result.
Wildfire spread.
What used to work to stop the spread didn't any more. Only lock down with school closure works.
Ireland has had it too but schools were closed when the infection accelerated so managed to damp down quite a lot.
All over Europe they have locked down hard with knowledge of UK spread but the variant is now dominant in Denmark, Holland, Belgium, France, Spain and Portugal.
Portugal cases went ballistic 2 weeks ago and it is really grim (the equivalent of nearly 2000 deaths a day in the UK), Spain has started escalating this week.
France has locked down hard to keep it at bay.
Italy is going to kop it big time as they have opened up due to riots and protests. The case escalation has already started.
Only vaccination will work against the new variant.
Thanks mate, sounds shitty for rest of Europe then whereas I thought they were all over their peaks.

Thanks mate, sounds shitty for rest of Europe then whereas I thought they were all over their peaks.
They've just kept a lid on it by locking down. Meanwhile the new variant spreads more than the old one and becomes the dominant variant. High density housing and unventilated building lobbies in Portugal, Spain and Italy spell big, big trouble when the variant reaches 60% dominance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.