Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difference is this time schools are operating around 50% capacity already. Teachers are in school teaching classes every day since January. Our school has 330 pupils, first lockdown there were 30 kids in, this time 176 are in. This isn’t untypical. So getting the rest in shouldn’t cause huge spikes like it did in September. Plus by Mar 8th we’ll have vaccines done for around 23 million (virtually every body over 60 and those at most risk).

The vaccine takes weeks to take full effect, so I still think my point stands.

Using your figures, opening up fully more than doubles the risk of the r number rising.

I don't have kids but surely it's a no brainer for the gov, to put families mind at rest that teachers are at least vaccinated.

After tomorrow's announcement dates etc, i can see a backlash in ref to teachers and maybe a week or so mad rush to give them vaccines.

and what about all their family they still take Covid home to?

This decision is morally bankrupt.

I, for once have some sympathy with this government. I personally think besides the vaccine process this government have been very poor to say the least. But having a 28 year old son and most of his friends are now unemployed due to Covid , we have to start opening schools and businesses up as soon as possible . But do ANY of us trust that this is the right time ?
I agree the vaccine process has been great. I'm not knocking the tories i just hope the plan in place works, getting kids back is a priority if safe.I along with you agree we need to open the country back up shops etc all of it when the time is right, i don't know many people who could handle another lockdown further down the line.

On a plus side we are gonna win the league:)

Some rumours courses will be open from the 8th March, but also some saying not until the 29th March.
My monies in 2 balls only from 8th and 4 balls from 29th....just following the leaks about schools and organised outdoor sport. No insider knowledge just a hunch.

What I do know though is that every shit player (my mates and me are very average) who can hold a club/get away with sharing a bag will be hacking all over the place without putting divots back etc. Makes me sound a right snob but golf players will know exactly what I mean from last summer.

My mrs is a care worker in a old folks home she came home and told me her friend who had covid last april has got covid again a month after having the vacine and she now has to isolate.My mrs also had covid in april last year she had vacine last month and was also feeling unwell.she did a flow test at work which came back negative.Her works were concerned as flow test are not very accurate and have told her to get pcr test just incase.Which they have booked for mondayHowever after feeling unwell in work saturday she then had to work sunday as flow test said she was ok which is crazy.This got me thinking are the vacines working against possible new strains as her friend now has it again after vaccine and whats stopping them passing it to family?.Just seems like we are going round in circles with covid and it could be next year before we begin to see if vacines indeed do work.

It’s a very sad day personally as my dad lost his 3 week fight against covid today, we are very fortunate to of been allowed in today, oxygen reduced and morphine given, he passed as Sterling scored bizarrely as the notification appeared on my phone, a blue through and through and a sorely missed father and grandfather and unfortunately a stat for tomorrow, sleep well my dad, I love you.
Sorry to read that, stay strong.

Ha, no worries. It’s an incredibly difficult call for the government to make tbf. As a parent I think it’s vital to get kids back as soon as possible, as their education, mental and physical health are suffering greatly. At the same time though, I fully understand concerns that it could lead to a new spike in cases and potentially jeopardise the sacrifices we’ve all made. Pros and cons to both arguments, and neither option is ideal really. Don’t envy those making these decisions.
It might be simplistic, but bring forward the easter school holidays, and then get them back in school on 6th April, the day after easter Monday.

My Mrs volunteered at the Etihad on Saturday,she was informed on arrival that her reward for doing so was the vaccination.

Don't get me wrong,i am very happy she has had it,but i was a bit taken back when she told me,as her circumstances would otherwise dictate she is very much at the back of the queue.

It just doesnt sit right with me if this is a policy......when millions of key workers who should be receiving it as a priority,are still some months off.

My Mrs volunteered at the Etihad on Saturday,she was informed on arrival that her reward for doing so was the vaccination.

Don't get me wrong,i am very happy she has had it,but i was a bit taken back when she told me,as her circumstances would otherwise dictate she is very much at the back of the queue.

It just doesnt sit right with me if this is a policy......when millions of key workers who should be receiving it as a priority,are still some months off.
If she's volunteering with people turning up to be vaccinated, then she could be a risk to those if she isn't vacinated herself, but it's three weeks before she would be "safe" to others, so there is still some doubt about that policy unless she is tested daily.

If she's volunteering with people turning up to be vaccinated, then she could be a risk to those if she isn't vacinated herself, but it's three weeks before she would be "safe" to others, so there is still some doubt about that policy unless she is tested daily.
Exactly,it seems bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.