Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a very sad day personally as my dad lost his 3 week fight against covid today, we are very fortunate to of been allowed in today, oxygen reduced and morphine given, he passed as Sterling scored bizarrely as the notification appeared on my phone, a blue through and through and a sorely missed father and grandfather and unfortunately a stat for tomorrow, sleep well my dad, I love you.
Thoughts are with you fella.

My Mrs volunteered at the Etihad on Saturday,she was informed on arrival that her reward for doing so was the vaccination.

Don't get me wrong,i am very happy she has had it,but i was a bit taken back when she told me,as her circumstances would otherwise dictate she is very much at the back of the queue.

It just doesnt sit right with me if this is a policy......when millions of key workers who should be receiving it as a priority,are still some months off.
Why not? I’d imagine some shots are not taken and it’s administratively unfeasible to have others on standby and call them. Far easier to vaccinate her and every shot at the Etihad is a positive.

Let’s just be grateful for the people volunteering at the vaccine centres. If they get the vaccine, good for them. As we know, there are a large number of no shows at the Etihad so there are enough vaccinations to go round for priority groups and volunteers.

It might be simplistic, but bring forward the easter school holidays, and then get them back in school on 6th April, the day after easter Monday.
Been saying this for weeks, why go back for a few weeks, doesn’t matter to anyone when the easter holidays are we can’t go anywhere

Been saying this for weeks, why go back for a few weeks, doesn’t matter to anyone when the easter holidays are we can’t go anywhere
I'd go further and make the summer 6 week holiday 2 weeks (2 weeks of choice during the 6 week period including teachers) special times means special measures.

Doing that they could hold fire going back til Easter.

30 people in a class all day is safer than two people meeting outdoors. Makes perfect sense to me.

30 people in a class all day is safer than two people meeting outdoors. Makes perfect sense to me.
Find it rather odd that caution is being stressed yet all schools are apparently to open simultaneously; would have thought a staggered approach would have been more cautious. They’ve presumably not stopped being ‘vectors of transmission’.

i think pretty much everyone i know with kids is begging for schools to re-open, even my sister who is one of the bigger lockdown advocates going - i think parents are totally frazzled.

just a minor point - a proportion of kids have been in school for a while now, key workers (which is a larger % than last spring), and a few other criteria, so it's not going from 0 to 100%. We'll see, i personally think it's the right thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.