Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder that too, but then again, things *SHOULD* be much safer for them to interact once fully vaccinated. I realise it's not 100% effective, so severe illness and deaths won't completely dissappear all of a sudden, but in principle surely letting their guard down a bit shouldn't present such a huge risk unless I'm mistaken?

Another factor could be that we've seen and are seeing issues here with different sectors of the community being less inclined to get vaccinated - im sure the figures were a lot lower for BAME communities and this needs addressed. In Israel, of course you have Arab sectors, Ultra orthodox sectors and such like - I wonder if the same applies in that perhaps some of the communities have saw less people respond to invite to get themselves vaccinated, and perhaps that's why numbers have bottomed out or slightly risen as unvaccinated in certain communities are still becoming seriously ill? It could all be a blip as Roubaix points out, but just thinking out loud.
Uptake of the vaccine continues to be poor amongst the Haredi and Arab populations. A couple of weeks ago, 23% of Arab-Israelis had received at least one dose of the Pfizer vaccine, compared to 33% of Haredi Jews and 49% of other Jewish Israelis. If those figures remain constant, and you would expect even more younger Jewish Israelis to accept it, then you would anticipate spikes in those first two communities.

As you say, if something similar happens in the U.K., then it could see increases in those populations where vaccine uptake lags behind that of society.

Uptake of the vaccine continues to be poor amongst the Haredi and Arab populations. A couple of weeks ago, 23% of Arab-Israelis had received at least one dose of the Pfizer vaccine, compared to 33% of Haredi Jews and 49% of other Jewish Israelis. If those figures remain constant, and you would expect even more younger Jewish Israelis to accept it, then you would anticipate spikes in those first two communities.

As you say, if something similar happens in the U.K., then it could see increases in those populations where vaccine uptake lags behind that of society.

Thanks - given those figures it sounds entirely plausible that this is the reason behind the sudden halt/slight rise. Emphasises the importance of making sure all sections of the community are vaccinated and the message is spread regarding its importance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.