Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To put it mildly you seem to not really understand the science.
It is the virus that mutates not the humans . Our DNA is irrelevant, it is viral RNA which is mutating.
People who are vaccinated are less likely to catch the virus and carry it and less likely to have symptoms.

I, mildly, do not understand that Human are not mutating. Are we not mutated with every virus impacted upon us to build upon a tolerance towards the next one?

Science contradicts your outlook as evidenced over a millennia, but I digress...

"Following a new collaboration between UiO and research groups in Nottingham and Oxford, it has now been revealed that RNA has a direct effect on DNA stability, says Professor Klungland."

I dunno, my simple mind says if this is the case the DNA has to 'mutate' to become stronger in stability.

But that's a rabbit hole, I guess...

According to the SUN the over 50s WILL be offered a third jab free from the autumn to combat new variants.

And it will NOT be AZ if they had double doses of that this year.

But instead either Pfizer or Moderna as trials suggest mixing them up works best. And an mRNA booster is needed to combat variants and AZ is not one of these.

This is all paper talk right now but they claim it is 'understood' (often aka guessing).

But it looks a safe bet.

They also claim it will be alongside the flu jab that starts usually September in order of age priority as in the past.

So you may needs arms of steel for a double whammy!

I know they CAN do this as a couple of years ago I had my annual flu jab in one arm and the pneumonia booster in the other at the same time.
Will be offered no sooner than six months after your second Covid jab. I know they’ve been looking at whether they should be giving the vaccine that you didn’t get the first time, although the AZ might be an impossible sell after all the orchestrated bad publicity. It now seems that the AZ vaccine has a very similar risk profile as Pfizer for fatal blood clots, which our media and government seem to have missed…..

https://www.euronews.com/next/2021/...ot-risk-similar-to-pfizer-spanish-study-finds

Mind you, with Pfizer announcing profits of £33.5 billion, it’s obviously much better for them if the vaccine sold at cost is continually discredited……..

Interesting thank you. I get the impression that the mrna vaccines are thought better able to deal with new variants - hence their preference for boosters - which are less for a top up of immunity than a response to annual changes caused by latest mutations since you had antibodies created by any of the past vaccines.

But I may well have misunderstood as I have no expertise in the area.

If you are vaccinated you are far less likely to contract the virus, far less likely for the virus to multiply in you if you do catch it, far less likely to develop a large viral load, and far less likely to infect other people.

The more people get vaccinated, there is less of the virus in the population and therefore a lower chance of mutation because mutations happen when community spread of large viral loads is more widespread.

It’s like an evolutionary timeline in anything that lives. The virus has to replicate more often and more greatly to mutate. If it’s chances of replicating are depleted, the chances of mutation decrease.

Appreciated response and I'm not trying to start an argument.

I'm just wondering that if 80%, as was last I knew, were vaccinated, how is it 20% unvaccinated are the mutant carriers (or blamed) and there's not 20% more dead if the virus, Delta or otherwise, is that extreme?

As I said, things don't add up somewhere.

I, mildly, do not understand that Human are not mutating. Are we not mutated with every virus impacted upon us to build upon a tolerance towards the next one?

Science contradicts your outlook as evidenced over a millennia, but I digress...

"Following a new collaboration between UiO and research groups in Nottingham and Oxford, it has now been revealed that RNA has a direct effect on DNA stability, says Professor Klungland."

I dunno, my simple mind says if this is the case the DNA has to 'mutate' to become stronger in stability.

But that's a rabbit hole, I guess...
When they are talking about new strains of virus, they are talking about viral mutations, not human mutations.
The virus has no DNA it is an RNA virus and it is the viral RNA which is mutated.

When they are talking about new strains of virus, they are talking about viral mutations, not human mutations.
The virus has no DNA it is an RNA virus and it is the viral RNA which is mutated.

Nobody here is dumb. Where did you witness me writing about any virus having DNA?

If the affected viral RNA can interact with DNA in the slightest, that's a mutation.

Will be offered no sooner than six months after your second Covid jab. I know they’ve been looking at whether they should be giving the vaccine that you didn’t get the first time, although the AZ might be an impossible sell after all the orchestrated bad publicity. It now seems that the AZ vaccine has a very similar risk profile as Pfizer for fatal blood clots, which our media and government seem to have missed…..

https://www.euronews.com/next/2021/...ot-risk-similar-to-pfizer-spanish-study-finds

Mind you, with Pfizer announcing profits of £33.5 billion, it’s obviously much better for them if the vaccine sold at cost is continually discredited……..
It was convenient for the EU to blame AZ for their own failings and EU scientists were cleariy willing to join in.

Nobody here is dumb. Where did you witness me writing about any virus having DNA?

If the affected viral RNA can interact with DNA in the slightest, that's a mutation.

I'm not saying anyone is dumb. I was suggesting that you don't understand all the science.
An interaction is not a mutation, but mutations that are concerning are occurring in the virus and not in the human DNA.

THAT is super interesting and I wonder how it will be explained away to satisfy any doubters.

I'm not pro or against anything, I'm just trying to navigate through the shit, like everyone else.

You know, for people that "don't understand the science" when we've been told how much these viruses remain on hard surfaces for an x amount of time and all that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.