Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its still an horrific number and average numbers on a daily basis. Like having a air crash every day really.
It's hard to have any optimism when we keep reading figures of this nature 15 months after the whole thing started.
Are the vaccines as effective as they think?
i wonder how many are unvaccinated

Its still an horrific number and average numbers on a daily basis. Like having a air crash every day really.
It's hard to have any optimism when we keep reading figures of this nature 15 months after the whole thing started.
Of course they are.
Most deaths are from the unvaccinated and the remainder from the vaccinated population is a fraction of what they would have been without the vaccine.
At this stage in the second wave there were well over 1000 a day dying from this, and among the vaccinated population it's below 40 now.

i wonder how many are unvaccinated
Couple of weeks ago it was 40% from the vaccinated (including partially I think) and 60% from the unvaccinated (which is only around 10% of the population).
In simple terms you are something like 15 times more likely to be seriously ill and die if unvaccinated.

If we have peaked this wave at around 150 daily deaths, 800 on ventilators and 6000 in hospital which may or may not be true but is what we are seeing.

THEN

That compares with the Winter wave peak before the vaccinations in mid January where we were around 1700 deaths, 4000 on ventilators and 40,000 in hospital.

AND

The first wave in Spring 2020 with around 1100 deaths, 3300 on ventilators and 22,000 in hospital.

I would suggest that infers a pretty significant degree of effectiveness.

Especially as the peak of cases between Jan and now were similar around 55 - 60K The Spring 2020 cases cannot be compared as our testing was useless and massively under reported.

ENGLAND HOSPITAL DATA

ADMISSIONS

665 (Monday) V 686 last Monday.

To still be down on Monday week to week this week is good news

LONDON 92 V 99 last Monday

MIDLANDS 130 V 135 last Monday

NE & YORKSHIRE 153 V 144 last Monday

NORTH WEST 108 V 116 last Monday -

All DOWN week to week - except NE & Yorkshire - the region that got Delta big right after Scotland then the North West

PATIENTS (Today - as are all bar the admissions numbers)

Down today by 23 to 5073.

Last Monday they fell to 4944 by 172 from 5116. So obviously nothing like as good now.

Wk to wk Patients are back to going up from 4944 to 5073 today, Up 129.

The falls have clearly reversed but it is not a huge increase as of yet, Nowhere shooting up as was true when North West kicked this off some weeks ago.

REGIONALLY

LONDON 1041 DOWN 27 TODAY V 1042 last week

MIDLANDS 958 UP 36 TODAY V 897 last week

NE & YORKSHIRE 1048 UP 21 V 1055 last week

AND

NORTH WEST 824 DOWN 40 TODAY V 840 last week

North West seems to be more stable and even now falling again.

NE & Yorksire still high but starting to stabilise.

Midlands seems to be the next epicentre in hospital numbers as this wave progresses.

South West is up 317 to 368 week to week and its cases are sky high for its size right now. So look to be the next place to watch - though this is a pretty small region so not likely to really skyrocket either.

VENTILATORS

Another small fall today of 5 to 777.

Up week to week by 5 from 772.

Last week ventilators FELL by 8 to 772.

REGIONALLY

LONDON 201 DOWN 2 TODAY V 199 last week

MIDLANDS 168 UP 3 TODAY V 137 last week

NE & YORKSHIRE 130 DOWN 7 V 141 last week

AND

NORTH WEST 118 LEVEL TODAY V 128 last week

Similar trends showing here with NW, NE & Yorkshire and London showing progress week to week and again it looking like the Midlands is taking on the main burden right now.

If we have peaked this wave at around 150 daily deaths, 800 on ventilators and 6000 in hospital which may or may not be true but is what we are seeing.

THEN

That compares with the Winter wave peak before the vaccinations in mid January where we were around 1700 deaths, 4000 on ventilators and 40,000 in hospital.

AND

The first wave in Spring 2020 with around 1100 deaths, 3300 on ventilators and 22,000 in hospital.

I would suggest that infers a pretty significant degree of effectiveness.

Especially as the peak of cases between Jan and now were similar around 55 - 60K The Spring 2020 cases cannot be compared as our testing was useless and massively under reported.
I know a few people mid 40s like me and double jabbed who have tested positive recently.
I realise the vaccine is far from 100% nothing is but surely if this is going to keep recurring we will be in an endless cycle of cases and a high death toll forever especially if herd immunity cannot be attained.

UK HOSPITAL NUMBERS

PATIENTS LAST WEEK V TODAY

ENGLAND 4944 v 5073

N IRELAND 289 v 321

SCOTLAND 383 v 356

WALES 148 v 143

TOTAL 5764 V 5893 (UP 129 week to week)

VENTILATED LAST WEEK V TODAY

ENGLAND 772 V 777

N IRELAND 29 V 31

SCOTLAND 58 V 42

WALES 20 V 20

TOTAL 879 V 870 (DOWN 9 week to week)

I know a few people mid 40s like me and double jabbed who have tested positive recently.
I realise the vaccine is far from 100% nothing is but surely if this is going to keep recurring we will be in an endless cycle of cases and a high death toll forever especially if herd immunity cannot be attained.
The vaccinations were never to stop anyone catching Covid. They exist to significantly reduce the numbers who get really ill, end up in hospital and die.

That point has never been got across effectively though a few in here have been stressing this from before the first jabs.

The numbers show very clearly the hospital data has been massively reduced. The cases positive are not really a concern if one does not translate into the other.

As the vaccines are working as intended.

Are they ill? Are they in hospital? If not then the vaccines probably did their job and there will be no cycle of high death tolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.