Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of weeks ago it was 40% from the vaccinated (including partially I think) and 60% from the unvaccinated (which is only around 10% of the population).
In simple terms you are something like 15 times more likely to be seriously ill and die if unvaccinated.

seen today teenage boys are 14x more likely to develop heart complications from the Pfizer jab
I really hope they don’t carry on dropping the age of the kids who can have it

seen today teenage boys are 14x more likely to develop heart complications from the Pfizer jab
I think it's likely, unfortunately, but I hope the medical profession kicks up a proper fuss this time. There are still great alternatives there for the government to use to persuade more adults, young adults in particular. The kids are an easy option - they will take it regardless of the risk to them. The government has really got to man the fuck up and explain to the rest of society why it's our job to get vaccinated so the young don't have to take a medicine with well known risks, that's unlikely to particularly help them, just so the demand on the NHS is kept down, meaning we can enjoy our freedoms without fear of lockdown or more school closures.

FFS adults. The kids have lost out on crucial years already. This medicine is not suitable for them. It's on the rest of us to get that % vaccinated as high as possible. Not them. In 30 years time they'll never understand how it came to this.

The government won't twist your arm, they treat you like adults because you're insistent you know what's right.

Every adult who can, getting the jab, is right. Letting the responsibility pass onto kids, who benefit less, with a higher risk of complications, is not.

That bloody simple.

I think it's likely, unfortunately, but I hope the medical profession kicks up a proper fuss this time. There are still great alternatives there for the government to use to persuade more adults, young adults in particular. The kids are an easy option - they will take it regardless of the risk to them. The government has really got to man the fuck up and explain to the rest of society why it's our job to get vaccinated so the young don't have to take a medicine with well known risks, that's unlikely to particularly help them, just so the demand on the NHS is kept down, meaning we can enjoy our freedoms without fear of lockdown or more school closures.

FFS adults. The kids have lost out on crucial years already. This medicine is not suitable for them. It's on the rest of us to get that % vaccinated as high as possible. Not them. In 30 years time they'll never understand how it came to this.

The government won't twist your arm, they treat you like adults because you're insistent you know what's right.

Every adult who can, getting the jab, is right. Letting the responsibility pass onto kids, who benefit less, with a higher risk of complications, is not.

That bloody simple.
After so many months of opportunity, it may well be that a sizeable section of the adult population in the U.K. will remain recalcitrant. In the U.S., they’re already discussing vaccinating children, even those under twelve.
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/11/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

Probably worth reading this to put that in context.
https://fullfact.org/health/pfizer-teens-myocarditis/
In summary one child out of 8.9 million has died of heart failure after the Pfizer vaccine.
Of the 397 reported cases of myocarditis (1 in every 22,500 who were jabbed) nearly all fully recovered quickly. They also don’t know how many of the 397 were actually caused by the vaccine.
The death rate following the vaccine is not much different to the death rate caused by Covid in teenagers so it’s understandable if people choose not to get their children jabbed. However by not doing so, it means that the spread to adults will be higher.
If adults did the right thing and got jabbed, there wouldn’t be any need to consider giving it to children.
Anti-vaxxers have a lot to answer for.

In summary one child out of 8.9 million has died of heart failure after the Pfizer vaccine.
Of the 397 reported cases of myocarditis (1 in every 22,500 who were jabbed) nearly all fully recovered quickly. They also don’t know how many of the 397 were actually caused by the vaccine.
The death rate following the vaccine is not much different to the death rate caused by Covid in teenagers so it’s understandable if people choose not to get their children jabbed. However by not doing so, it means that the spread to adults will be higher.
If adults did the right thing and got jabbed, there wouldn’t be any need to consider giving it to children.

thanks. Saves me looking for the papers on it, only saw articles in the sun and fail.

I personally don’t believe for one second that if the adult uptake was better they wouldn’t be still trying to give the kids the vaccine
Gibraltar has a higher than 100% vaccine rate and they are still vaccinating the 16-18 year olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.