Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SCOTLAND DATA

30 deaths - was 17 last week - BIG NUMBER HERE - legacy of past high cases sadly

4917 cases - was 5810 last week - another fall is good

9.2% positivity - was 10.8% last week - still falling is good to see too

1079 patients - up 15 since yesterday - was 883 last week - the increase is starting to slow

91 ventilated icu - up 2 on yesterday - was 82 last week

Thats my 92 year old nanna’s OAP home into full lockdown again after last nights briefing.

no cases, they just think its the right thing to do …. Apparently.

so thats no visits, she cant leave the place to come for dinner, or a trip to the garden centre. Zero. Back to trying to speak to her through a 2” gap in the window. Shes half deaf, total waste of time.

The toll on her mental health during that initial 18 months of total inprisonment was awful to witness. She has what i would describe as ‘50% dementia’. That plummeted during being locked away but her improvement when she was allowed out, spending time with her little great grandkids, was beautiful to see

not sure if i feel angry for them doing this ir thank ful that they are protecting her but as she says, “im 92, i want to enjoy life, not be locked away”.
I think im angry.

Bizarre and worrying response given AFAICT there's zero change in guidance, and projections now are *less* severe than those in July!

How about actually providing a quote from a "lock down fantasist" on Sage demanding lock downs now on the basis of this modelling?

I mean, it should be easy enough.

I shall wait.
To be fair, they were demanding that July 19th didn’t happen on the basis of their modelling and I’ve not seen that ’advice‘ retracted.
Many on both SAGE and Independent SAGE (whatever that is supposed to be) signed this letter published in The Lancet.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)01589-0/fulltext

Bizarre and worrying response given AFAICT there's zero change in guidance, and projections now are *less* severe than those in July!
Problem is, the headlines on the news last night was ‘the gov/sage wont rule out another lockdown’ which is a totally different thing to ‘recommend a lockdown’.

but people can take the headline however they want and shit there knick-knocks accordingly

To be fair, they were demanding that July 19th didn’t happen on the basis of their modelling and I’ve not seen that ’advice‘ retracted.
Many on both SAGE and Independent SAGE (whatever that is supposed to be) signed this letter published in The Lancet.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)01589-0/fulltext

That's NOT a call for a "lockdown" though, quite the opposite, it's a call for vaccination and limited measures to avoid any need for a lockdown.

That's NOT a call for a "lockdown" though, quite the opposite, it's a call for vaccination and limited measures to avoid any need for a lockdown.
This is the guts of the letter. “The UK Government must reconsider its current strategy and take urgent steps to protect the public, including children. We believe the government is embarking on a dangerous and unethical experiment, and we call on it to pause plans to abandon mitigations on July 19, 2021.”

Not only that but they were openly briefing against reopening and touting their catastrophic models all over the media, garnering the headlines tha5 are not only sensationalist but are guaranteed to appeal to the lowest common denominator (many thousand admission a day as well as thousands of daily deaths).
What they should do, is stay out of the media whilst they’re members of SAGE, where their job is to advise governemt. If they ever feel they’re not being listened to, or ignored, they can resign on principle and then traipse around the media with their tales of doom.

NORTHERN IRELAND DATA

10 deaths - was 5 last week

1304 cases - was 1210 last week

5.6% positivity - was 4.9% last week

9594 WEEKLY CASES TOTAL - WAS 9991 yesterday & 9292 last week

114 CARE HOME OUTBREAKS - DOWN FROM 117 YESTERDAY & 126 LAST WEEK - STILL GOOD NEWS HERE

426 Patients - down 15 on yesterday - was 452 last week

33 ventilated - down 3 on yesterday - was 33 last week

GOOD NUMBERS AGAIN

WEEKLY CASES BY AGE

0 - 19 has 44.9% of the cases with 23.0% aged 20 - 39 the next most.

Just 2.6% are aged over 80 and in total 11.3% all ages 60 and above.

The rest are aged 40 - 59 - 20.8%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.