Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Declining vaccine efficacy is a thing. This means over 70s and the Immune compromised definately need a top up within 6 months of their last jab. There is some benefit to people over 50.
Everyone else... Not of much benefit.
I’m more than happy to have a Pfizer booster, makes sense to me.

Declining vaccine efficacy is a thing. This means over 70s and the Immune compromised definately need a top up within 6 months of their last jab. There is some benefit to people over 50.
Everyone else... Not of much benefit.
It is AFTER 6 months not within. They are not inviting people until 6 months after the second jab as far as I understand.

The total cases today with just England to come is 9195

Last week at this stage it was 9748

England later added 21, 077 to total 30, 825.

Yesterday England added 22, 173 to the UK total of 29, 612

So anything around 32K today is to be expected.

After 18 months of not being able to wait in the waiting room at my Doctors surgery in Denton you had to wait outside, took my mum this afternoon to see a Doctor (in person) and they are letting you into the waiting room now but with social distancing, the people that were already in had masks on then this bloke turns up without a mask coughing his fucking guts up sat in the middle of the waiting room, and they said fuck all to him

I went back on London Underground for the first time in 18 months on Friday. On previous trips I'd just walked from Kings Cross (15 miles, great walking) but I had to further afield for pub trips,

Less than a third wearing masks on the tube, and offenders (to my mind) don't fit neatly into any particular demographic.

One thing that struck me was how relatively quiet the pubs in the City of London were, ticking over but NO-ONE standing up at the bar or outside in the courtyards. First time I've ever been able to have a short conversation about trade with bar staff, who are probably happy it's less manic.

Not surprised the city centre pubs are quiet as, even on Fridays, a lot of the punters are city workers. Working from home still appears very popular in the city.

I have not ventured into the city but in my experience the pubs have been busy in the suburbs I have been drinking in: Enfield, Southgate, Barnet and Finchley. Footfall appears to be dropping a little now following the initial excitement of being able to go to a boozer following lockdown. In my experience, the pubs in the 'burbs are busier than they were pre-pandemic.

After 18 months of not being able to wait in the waiting room at my Doctors surgery in Denton you had to wait outside, took my mum this afternoon to see a Doctor (in person) and they are letting you into the waiting room now but with social distancing, the people that were already in had masks on then this bloke turns up without a mask coughing his fucking guts up sat in the middle of the waiting room, and they said fuck all to him

Why wear a badge stating "I am a dickhead" when it is blatantly obvious? (the person coughing, of course)

Big jump up in cases today sadly. To 36,100.

England 26, 905 - up 4732 on yesterday and 5828 up on last Monday.

UK total Up 6488 on yesterday. Though Wales 5258 is a big factor.

This is 5275 UP week to week. The most in some time.

But deaths down to 49.

England just 27 down from 32 last Monday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.