Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty insular view of it. I realise we're a UK based forum but the pandemic is global and still raging in lots of places. while the UK right now is seemingly quite steady the states is going mental, Israel being the best data source for vaccines and boosters etc. So while there is probably less scientific breakthroughs going on in the battle against this and knowledge is far better there is still plenty going on globally.
Only 43% of the global population have received a vaccination, with only 1.2% of the world’s poorest vaccinated.

In a global pandemic, it’s best to have as much data as possible, and while one is free to ignore it, of course, that doesn’t mean the problem has gone away, no matter how much we wish it would.

Wow........again huge condolences,and that must have left you with so much doubt,confusion and,ultimately,anger.I don't believe in coincidences.....and its of no surprise to hear of your concerns and your scepticism.
It did mate. Not an anti-vaxxer by any stretch of thr imagination, it just because we didn’t know why, and consultants said they didn’t know (hence the post-mortem), we were left to think was it an allergic reaction? Was it something to do with his DNA? Is it something that could be passed to us? What if we react the same way?

But it got to the point where I’d done enough research to write a thesis on it, and ultimately the realisation that if I don’t have it done then I won’t be allowed to live a normal life (football, holidays etc.), I was quite prepared to live on the fact that because I’d had it quite badly, that my immune system was prepared for any future Covid attacks; rightly or wrongly. But to live a normal life I had to have it done, shit myself all day and night.

The irony of it all, I don’t even have a sore arm let alone any symptoms shown by others on a regular basis. Appreciate it hasn’t been 24h yet but my partner had hers just over a week ago, had a sore arm, and felt crap for 36h. Just need to convince my sister now that all’s ok, and she should go get it.

In Manchester in the 18-24 age range only 43% are fully vaccinated.
It is not much better in other age ranges. Manchester is MILES behind every other borough in the 10 GM boroughs and has been throughout the entire vaccination programme, Salford is next worst.

But given that Stockport is easily the best of the ten boroughs and alsio has been right through the programme the current case numbers show that this is not as terrible as it appears.

Manchester has the BEST current cases record in GM and one of the best it has ever had and Stockport the worst.

I don’t find the daily data dump helpful or remotely interesting anymore. Only seems to fuel peoples paranoia IMO, but it’ll carry on as long as people want it/feel like they need it I guess.
It is a lot easier to NOT read a thread you don't want to read than to read a thread you do want to read that has been removed by those who choose not to do so and seek its removal on your behalf.

As I have posted a few times it will be a good day for me when I stop doing this. But as I have the time and the ability I will carry on until asked to stop or I feel it is not serving any purpose any more.

But when I see the data revealing the issues in Stockport over the past 10 days that so far every even local media source appears to have missed then it seems to have a purpose.

This happened with Bolton in April - flagged up in here before the media though they got onto that quite quickly. So it serves a purpose for now. But I very much look forward to the day when it does not,

This is not at all being self congratulatory BTW. It is just that I chart things no working journalist could do in such detail as they do not have the time to do it whereas I do.

And posters in here will decide that time to stop along with Ric making the decision and I will oblige the moment I am asked to stop. Unless the government decide to stop posting data when they will make the call for us,

Last edited:
Zoe App guy Tim Spector was on This Morning just now claiming the government are not listening to him and that Covid symptoms have now radically changed from the ones they ask you to look for. In effect making it much like a cold.

He said everyone who has cold like symptoms should get tested with both tests and self isolate until sure they are safe.

That seemed a little extreme to me. As most surely will still just have colds. And in Winter the UK would shut down if everyone with a cold stayed home.

I assumed the milder symptoms are happening not becaue of a radical change in the nature of Covid but because most now catching it are very young versus the much older ones who were catching it during earlier waves. Or rather were TESTING positive then as we were not bothering to test most of those with the milder symptoms. Who as a result had this milder version then but never knew they had because they did not get ill enough to find out.

Is he right? Has Covid changed radically in form?

He also claimed that one third of those testing positive now are double jabbed. Which seems about what you would expect given how many have been vaccinated. Indeed two thirds of a fairly small number who have not rather shows how good the vaccine is working.

Especially as not catching Covid is the lowest measure as was always expected and the protection of the vaccine against serious illness and death is much higher and far more significant. And why with 30 - 40K cases a day we have only 5727 in hospital in England and under 8000 now in the UK. Many predictions were for much worse than that by now and for numbers to be rising when these are actually falling right now and well down on this time last week.

He also claimed that one third of those testing positive now are double jabbed. Which seems about what you would expect given how many have been vaccinated. Indeed two thirds of a fairly small number who have not rather shows how good the vaccine is working

I've given up both reporting and paying any attention to Zoe. The data seems all over the place and I think its probably overwhelmed by selection bias: the people still reporting on Zoe are those most engaged with the topic, probably most careful, and most likely to be vaxxed.

They try to remove these biases in the analysis, but I think it's now close to meaningless.

I suspect there's also increasing bias in the testing figures as a larger slice of the population simply don't bother. So the ONS figures, whilst lagged a bit, probably become more and more the best estimate of prevalence.

Zoe App guy Tim Spector was on This Morning just now claiming the government are not listening to him and that Covid symptoms have now radically changed from the ones they ask you to look for. In effect making it much like a cold.

He said everyone who has cold like symptoms should get tested with both tests and self isolate until sure they are safe.

That seemed a little extreme to me. As most surely will still just have colds. And in Winter the UK would shut down if everyone with a cold stayed home.

I assumed the milder symptoms are happening not becaue of a radical change in the nature of Covid but because most now catching it are very young versus the much older ones who were catching it during earlier waves. Or rather were TESTING positive then as we were not bothering to test most of those with the milder symptoms. Who as a result had this milder version then but never knew they had because they did not get ill enough to find out.

Is he right? Has Covid changed radically in form?

He also claimed that one third of those testing positive now are double jabbed. Which seems about what you would expect given how many have been vaccinated. Indeed two thirds of a fairly small number who have not rather shows how good the vaccine is working.

Especially as not catching Covid is the lowest measure as was always expected and the protection of the vaccine against serious illness and death is much higher and far more significant. And why with 30 - 40K cases a day we have only 5727 in hospital in England and under 8000 now in the UK. Many predictions were for much worse than that by now and for numbers to be rising when these are actually falling right now and well down on this time last week.

Covid changing in form must be down to the vaccines that are in play at the moment. It doesn’t stop you getting covid but the symptoms are less and the viral load you transmit onto another person is reduced with lesser symptoms, maybe why they are looking at colds via Zoe app.

Covid changing in form must be down to the vaccines that are in play at the moment. It doesn’t stop you getting covid but the symptoms are less and the viral load you transmit onto another person is reduced with lesser symptoms, maybe why they are looking at colds via Zoe app.
Yes that is probably a factor too I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.