Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ENGLAND HOSPITAL SUMMARY

Numbers have fallen on Friday's for weeks. Today they go up. Only by 13 to 4975

BUT that means England patients now UP week to week for first time in three weeks.

UP by 176.

NW stayed flat at 776. London up 1 on 885. And Midlands DOWN 19 on 1008. And NE & Yorkshire DOWN 25 on 1115.

So none of the four big regions were the problem today.

It was the smaller southern regions that caused a rise nt a small fall.

South West up 41 to 400, East up 12 to 358 and South East up 3 to 430.

TOTAL UK PATIENTS TODAY 6753.

FOR SOME REASON GOV UK HAS IT 6763 BUT NUMBERS ARE:-

ENGLAND 4975 - SCOTLAND 957 - WALES 461 - N IRELAND 360

ENGLAND VENTILATED PATIENTS

Happily these fall today by 28 to 647. Down 24 on last Friday (then 671)

London down 17 today but still highest on 144.

Midlands stay flat at 132

NE & Yorkshire up 2 to 133

And happily at last this week

North West DOWN 7 to 88.

Smll changes in the other 3 regions only all around 50 each,

So VENTILATORS in UK are:

ENGLAND 647 - SCOTLAND 64 - WALES 48 - N IRELAND 28

TOTAL 787

THOUGH AGAIN FOR SOME REASON GOV UK ADD THIS UP AS 808.

other thing to consider is whether we're all recording deaths the same way. I'd imagine in the UK we're including all deaths WITH COVID whereas countries like Germany are probably recording deaths OF covid.

Lots of people seem to think this, but there's no evidence for it whatever.

Many studies have been done comparing deaths across countries, I've never seen one that concludes there's a significant bias of reporting between developed countries.

Here's the raw excess deaths (all causes) for Italy, UK, Germany, and Finland, whose covid deaths are in that order. You can see the waves hitting, and their relative size. Even though this doesn't measure anything to do with covid directly at all.

20211008_181417.jpg

My mum works in a school in Trafford. Looks like she's finally caught it. Terrible headache, subsided now and very sniffly/bad cold-like at the moment. Positive LFT. Let's hope her jabs does the trick. My dad's just got home after being away for a week with work, so he'll likely get it too. Fingers crossed they're gonna be alright...

Anyone else around 60 (their ages) caught it recently after being jabbed and been alright?

My mum works in a school in Trafford. Looks like she's finally caught it. Terrible headache, subsided now and very sniffly/bad cold-like at the moment. Positive LFT. Let's hope her jabs does the trick. My dad's just got home after being away for a week with work, so he'll likely get it too. Fingers crossed they're gonna be alright...

Anyone else around 60 (their ages) caught it recently after being jabbed and been alright?
Wife caught it, she is 55 and double jabbed. Not great for 4/5 days but didn’t give it to me so it’s not inevitable your dad will get it.
She did go into the spare room but only after positive PCR. Biggest indicator for her was loss of smell and taste. Worst symptoms were headache, blocked nose and being tired but she was out and about once she’d finished isolating and was back to full speed about 3 weeks after symptoms first appeared.

That's interesting. Obviously we're still doing worse than we should. But it kind of insinuates that the likes of Spain and Italy (and to a lesser extent Portugal, France and Germany) aren't doing enough testing.

The other thing to consider is whether we're all recording deaths the same way. I'd imagine in the UK we're including all deaths WITH COVID whereas countries like Germany are probably recording deaths OF covid.
Remember we've removed most restrictions in a bid to get people infected before December before heavy viral loads in enclosed spaces kick in.

Remember we've removed most restrictions in a bid to get people infected before December before heavy viral loads in enclosed spaces kick in.
Spector confirming via the Zoe App research that one jab and then catching it is the best protection and yet the government continually refuse to acknowledge prior infection as a thing. It’s somewhat baffling..

Four senior residents at my good ladys place have made a complete recovery from a recent outbreak. One in their 90's. Temperature and cough their worst of the systems.
The outbreak was contained, in house, with no other infections other than the staff who'd probably brought it in, in the first place.
I hope it goes as equally well with your folks.

That's interesting. Obviously we're still doing worse than we should. But it kind of insinuates that the likes of Spain and Italy (and to a lesser extent Portugal, France and Germany) aren't doing enough testing.

The other thing to consider is whether we're all recording deaths the same way. I'd imagine in the UK we're including all deaths WITH COVID whereas countries like Germany are probably recording deaths OF covid.

certainly in the case of Germany they count it the same way we do. It’s an international criteria.

Post in thread 'Coronavirus (2021) thread'
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/coronavirus-2021-thread.348970/post-14259356

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.