Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GREATER MANCHESTER SCOREBOARD

TOTAL CASES 1937 - UP 110 FROM YESTERDAY

NORTH WEST UP 42 TO 5100 - MORE THAN DOUBLE NW RISE BUT SMALL NUMBERS, MINOR HARM

VERSUS LAST WEEK GM WAS THEN 2195 - SO DOWN 258

NORTH WEST FALLS BY 227 WEEK TO WEEK.

THE WEEK TO WEEK GM FALL IS MORE THAN THE ENTIRE NW FALL SO OBVIOUSLY GOOD DAY HERE FOR GM

MANCHESTER 285 - UP 21 on day & UP 42 wk to wk. Pop Score up 51. Highest in some time here. Not a good day as Manchester is climbing now more than we would like. Back on top too. POP SCORE 16, 508

TRAFFORD 263 - UP 20 on day & DOWN 138 Wk to wk - More progress from yesterday with the biggest week to week fall I can recall. But pop score rises again to '111 - easily the highest today. So Stockport still gained 23 more v Trafford on overall Pop Score. Hard to call who had the worst day Trafford or Manchester but at this rate Trafford will be in the 15 K club within 2 or 3 days. POP SCORE 14, 777

STOCKPORT 260 - DOWN 33 on day & DOWN 85 wk to wk. Much better day obviously though still high numbers. Pop Score down to 88 and Trafford despite an even bigger week to week drop in cases lost another 23 points to Stockport who are now 243 clear as best Pop Score in GM. Barring a disaster (very far from impossible given recent events) should be last one standing in 14 K club by weekend. POP SCORE 14, 534

TAMESIDE 200 - UP 26 on day & UP 21 wk to wk. Pop Score of 88 here too - exactly matching Stockport (smaller borough so needs fewer cases to do that) up quite a bit on late. POP SCORE 15, 602

WIGAN 194 - DOWN 4 on day & UP 1 wk to wk. Pancake flat. Pop score up 60. A rinse and repeat tomorrow will see it join the 16 K club as the fourth GM member. POP SCORE 15, 945

SALFORD 192 - UP 47 on day & UP 29 wk to wk. Climbing pretty much like Manchester now after its lof low period.Pop Score up 73. Most in quite a while here. POP SCORE 16, 537

OLDHAM 174 - UP 51 on day & DOWN 6 Wk to Wk. Pop Score up 73 too. Lead over Manchester for highest Pop Score across the pandemic is 385 - not looking likely to stop rising either before it becomes the first GM borough into the 17 K club in a couple of days. POP SCORE 16, 893

ROCHDALE 156 - DOWN 11 on day & UP 37 wk to wk. Pop Score up 65 . Big numbers also here . POP SCORE 16, 153

BOLTON 110 - UP 2 on day & DOWN 41 wk to wk - Pop Score up 38. Bolton easily bag lowest Pop score of the day again. POP SCORE 15, 761

BURY 103 - DOWN 9 on day & DOWN 28 wk to wk. Pop score here up 54 POP SCORE 15, 612

Very high case numbers. Largely in the 10-14 age range.
It has been like that everywhere for some time. I posted the full 5 year age range break down Male and Female in Northern Ireland weekly cases the other day as they give very detailed weekly numbers every day and the visual chart of this was a very vivid pictorial refection of what is happening.

Almost 50% were teenagers or younger and the 10-14 age range easily the highest.

The heat map data for Stockport right now is very much the same pattern.

This is likely the same everywhere in the UK. And why hospital numbers are fairly flat and not shooting up.

But the biggest age ranges have fallen a bit since older children started to get vaccinations.

It has been like that everywhere for some time. I posted the full 5 year age range break down Male and Female in Northern Ireland weekly cases the other day as they give very detailed weekly numbers every day and the visual chart of this was a very vivid pictorial refection of what is happening.

Almost 50% were teenagers or younger and the 10-14 age range easily the highest.

The heat map data for Stockport right now is very much the same pattern.

This is likely the same everywhere in the UK. And why hospital numbers are fairly flat and not shooting up.

But the ages have fallen since older children started to get vaccinations.
That's what I looked at too but for Manchester. Overwhelming numbers.

HERE IT IS AGAIN FOR ANYONE WHO MISSED IT. SHOWS IT VERY CLEARLY. THOUGH THE OLDER AGES ARE STARTING TO SHOW A SMALL RISE TOO MORE RECENTLY. THE STOCKPORT HEAT MAP FROM THEIR BIG CASES SHOWS THIS TOO BUT FAR BELOW THE SCHOOL AGE BG NUMBERS. JUST RISING AS PRESUMABLY SPREAD TO FAM(LIES OCCUR AND IMMUNITY WANES. MY FRIEND HAD HER SECOND JAB NEARLY 7 MONTHS AGO AND HAS ASKED TWICE TO BE BOOKED BUT CANNOT GET A DATE. YET TODAY THEY ARE COMPLAINING TOO FEW OVER 70s ARE HAVING THE BOOSTER!
That's what I looked at too but for Manchester. Overwhelming numbers.
1633960817625.png

THE VERY ILLUSTRATIVE LATEST PAST 7 DAY CASES CHART FROM NORTHERN IRELAND SHOWING VERY CLEARLY WHY WE HAVE SO MANY CASES, THE AGE CAUSING THEM AND WHY THEY ARE NOT TRANSLATING INTO BIG NUMBERS IN HOSPITAL OR DEATHS

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete

Last edited:
HERE IT IS AGAIN FOR ANYONE WHO MISSED IT. SHOWS IT VERY CLEARLY.

1633960817625.png

THE VERY ILLUSTRATIVE LATEST PAST 7 DAY CASES CHART FROM NORTHERN IRELAND SHOWING VERY CLEARLY WHY WE HAVE SO MANY CASES, THE AGE CAUSING THEM AND WHY THEY ARE NOT TRANSLATING INTO BIG NUMBERS IN HOSPITAL OR DEATHS

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete
great graphic. I wonder if the bulge at 45 years are the children's parents? Probably slightly too big an age gap to work. I hope this is self-limiting. I'd like to know what the antibody prevalence is through the age groups. The data is probably available somewhere as they used to do surveys.

This has never been stated as strategy.

What passes as strategy is here.

It is the opposite of what you state, emphasising the need to limit transmission.

Everything that has been done since July is for people to catch it. That is the opinion of many, many medics in the NHS. Pretty much confirmed by Whitty's comments every time he is involved in a press conference.
Nothing else makes sense.

great graphic. I wonder if the bulge at 45 years are the children's parents? Probably slightly too big an age gap to work. I hope this is self-limiting. I'd like to know what the antibody prevalence is through the age groups. The data is probably available somewhere as they used to do surveys.
Teachers and other school staff, perhaps?

GM boroughs weekly past 7 day case totals:

Bury 678, Bolton 744, Oldham 840, Rochdale 895, Salford 941, Tameside 1181, Wigan 1321, Manchester 1604, Stockport 1675, Trafford 1797

A lot down today but Bury and Bolton pulling away with the best numbers in GM. Rochdale and Salford heading the other way towards foyr figures.

Stockport and Trafford both had big falls from their worst ever numbers last week so the top three now far closer as Manchester has started to rise quite a bit and of the three Manchester today easily had the worst numbers week to week which is what counts in a weekly cases table.

Manchester's gap behind Stockport plummets to 71 - a reverse of over 100 in one day. But Trafford closed in on Stockport too - just 122 ahead of Stockport and 193 ahead of Manchester.

The whole table looks a lot less polarised and contracted top to bottom than it did last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.