Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people analysing the data in N Ireland have said it is the parents of the young teens who seem to be one cause of the second bulge in the 40s and some are starting to see a higher bulge at a lower level start in the 70/80 which they suggest may be grandparents coming into contact with the infected children at gatherings.

Indeed on Peston just now they showed a graph someone had sent in showing a small rise in the over 70s testing positive too. I did not catch the source. They were also saying the numbers of boosters being given were disappointingly low so far and were implying the upper age spike was waning immunity in those who had their second jabs early in the year.

My friend had her second one well over 7 months ago now - early March. And I will be at 6 months in a few days and neither of us are on the imminent list it seems. Not sure what is going on with the boosters tbh. Especially as they called me in for my flu jab remarkably early - early September - the earliest I have ever had it in the 23 years I have been having it.
My aunty in her early 70's caught covid the week she was due to have her booster so obviously didn't have it. She has done childcare for some of her grandkids all through the pandemic and not caught it previously even when they've tested positive and none of them were ill when she was this time.

I had to see my GP today so asked about boosters, he didn’t seem to sure about the roll out tbh.

it does seem a strange roll out. My sister in law who is a nurse has had hers and my mum and dad both had there’s at the weekend. All 3 in Hertfordshire.

HERE IT IS AGAIN FOR ANYONE WHO MISSED IT. SHOWS IT VERY CLEARLY. THOUGH THE OLDER AGES ARE STARTING TO SHOW A SMALL RISE TOO MORE RECENTLY. THE STOCKPORT HEAT MAP FROM THEIR BIG CASES SHOWS THIS TOO BUT FAR BELOW THE SCHOOL AGE BG NUMBERS. JUST RISING AS PRESUMABLY SPREAD TO FAM(LIES OCCUR AND IMMUNITY WANES. MY FRIEND HAD HER SECOND JAB NEARLY 7 MONTHS AGO AND HAS ASKED TWICE TO BE BOOKED BUT CANNOT GET A DATE. YET TODAY THEY ARE COMPLAINING TOO FEW OVER 70s ARE HAVING THE BOOSTER!

1633960817625.png

THE VERY ILLUSTRATIVE LATEST PAST 7 DAY CASES CHART FROM NORTHERN IRELAND SHOWING VERY CLEARLY WHY WE HAVE SO MANY CASES, THE AGE CAUSING THEM AND WHY THEY ARE NOT TRANSLATING INTO BIG NUMBERS IN HOSPITAL OR DEATHS

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete
Is there a link for other GM areas healdplace?

I'd not be expecting you to post all the differing images but I'm sure some of us would like to look at our own bits of GM although I'd assume they all follow the same splits near or enough.

Whatever happened to variants Marvin? Seemed to be 2 new ones a week at one point. Anyone would think they were trying to scare us.
It's inevitable there will be another variant eventually. With the number of daily infections across the globe there's going to be thousands of mutations each day. All it takes is for one of them to evolve in a certain way that makes it even more infectious and/or immune against vaccines.

Thankfully, the vaccine rollout has helped negate this and reduced the number of infections somewhat. If more people get vaccinated, the chance of a super-variant emerging (If you don't already class Delta as a super-variant) reduces.

I've just received a text from my GP warning that COVID levels in Trafford are at an all time high. It was advising people to wear masks and get PCR tests if they feel unwell.

There's this cold going around. I've just recovered from it. I got a PCR test which was negative, but apparently, the symptoms are very similar to COVID. I think the virus could be spreading because people are presuming it's a cold and not covid. Hopefully the school half-term helps reduce the numbers.

It's inevitable there will be another variant eventually. With the number of daily infections across the globe there's going to be thousands of mutations each day. All it takes is for one of them to evolve in a certain way that makes it even more infectious and/or immune against vaccines.

Thankfully, the vaccine rollout has helped negate this and reduced the number of infections somewhat. If more people get vaccinated, the chance of a super-variant emerging (If you don't already class Delta as a super-variant) reduces.
From what I've read I think delta is effectively the super variant that maintains its effect whilst increasing its infectiousness. Epidemiologists seem to be saying that further mutations to make it more infectious or immune to the vaccine are likely to make it less harmful to people.

My aunty in her early 70's caught covid the week she was due to have her booster so obviously didn't have it. She has done childcare for some of her grandkids all through the pandemic and not caught it previously even when they've tested positive and none of them were ill when she was this time.
Yes, I have to say that I really understand that will be something being faced in houses across the land - having been a full time carer to my mum who had a massive stroke in 2003.

She needed round the clock care for the next 14 years that she survived to 90 despite all but it was in many ways a blessing she died before Covid hit. As I have no idea how she would have got through the past 18 months.

So I feel very much for all of those who are facing that situation right now having to balance their own lives and their family and the need to try to keep this disease away from someone who would inevitably be very vulnerable to Covid. Especially with many of the sources of help that were there diverted because of other more pressing needs.

If I harp on a bit about the care home problems it is this experience that makes me feel awful for those trapped by events into something that is well beyond their control. And it is easy for those who really only have their own lives to worry about to feel aggrieved by the restrictions that are stalling them without understanding something they will never have happily faced. Yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.