Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife tested positive this morning on LFT but has had some symptoms for 4 days and tested negative about 6 times in that period. Maybe not as reliable as they said the other day. Seems crazy that me and my daughter who were both negative this morning on LFT can just carry on as normal. Is that not a bit risky?

I had covid 12 months ago now and I'm still having long term problems, particularly with my memory. Booked in to see a GP to see if there's anything I can do. It's a nasty disease even if doesn't put you in hospital. It does worry me all these kids getting it at the moment, even if only 1 or 2% have long term problems it's a lot of people having to deal with some of the stuff I'm dealing with, it's not nice.

You mention future lockdowns in your first paragraph.
Not many scientists who are critical of the Government are suggesting this.
Just some simple measures ( not harmful to the economy) to reduce cases and deaths - I won't repeat them again.
I'm sure the the likes of Whitty,Van Tam and Vallance would support these measures which is why there are no more press conferences.
I am certainly not advocating lockdowns of any sort either. As I said they are economically unsustainable as we try to chart our path beyond Covid.

Just that this has been the usual panic mode option they tend to turn to. And at the moment it seems all or nothing and not something measured.

I would just like them to come out and tell us the situation and what they think we should do going into winter. Silence just creates the presumption that this is more or less over when we know in here it is not.

NORTHERN IRELAND DATA

8 deaths - was 3 last week - big jump up here too sadly

1367 cases - was 1278 last week

7.4% positivity - was 7.6% last week

8861 weekly cases - was 8946 yesterday & 8802 last week - pretty flat here. No surprise Zoe has them doing best in UK.

60 CARE HOME OUTBREAKS - DOWN 7 ON YESTERDAY & WAS 69 LAST WEEK - MUCH BETTER NEWS HERE

366 patients - was 347 yesterday & 368 last week

20 Ventilated - was 24 yesterday & 21 last week

The comment I made was more about the presumption, often made on this forum and others, that it’s ’all the fault of the young’ or the youff as some wags like to call them.

Truth is, they’re highly unlikely to be affected by Covid, unless they’re pregnant, whereas if you’re over 60, unhealthy or both, you’re highly likely to be affected. I know which group I’d be aiming my ire at, given which ones will end up in hospital.
1/5th of all UK hospitalisations from Covid are pregnant ladies. Did you miss that nugget last week? Its safer to be vaccinated if you're pregnant.

I'm just amazed that things are going so bad again, after you were so convinced that it was all Nicola Sturgeon's fault for not reopening Scotland at the same time as the rest of the UK and only Scotland would suffer the consequences.

Either that, or it just suited your own anti (different) government agenda at the time but it was clear to anyone who could remain the slightest bit impartial that other factors were at play.

Hope things start falling soon, everywhere. The rollout of boosters and getting teenage population jabbed is far too slow which isn't helping anyone.
Scotland is in a worse state than England though the rise has plateaued. Probably because schools went back 3 weeks before England.

So the deaths from the four nations with out of hospital England to add today is:- 198.

We will almost certainly top 200 today. Something for the media to hook onto.

Last week at this stage it was 163.

That became 181 last week when England added 15 out of hospital to total 147.

Not sure where the missing 3 came from. It was England in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.