Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a problem for the hospitals to fix then isn't it.
Or we can wear masks and try to reduce case numbers now. Baffles me why we don't. Went to spain last month, everyone wears masks. Just been to portugal, everyone wears masks. Mate lives in France, everyone wears masks. UK, barely anyone does anymore. Just look at the number of cases a day for each country. They're on hundreds, or low thousands.. we're on 50,000...

It's obvious that people should be wearing masks for indoor activities and on public transport etc. I have just returned from Spain again where compliance is very high and people get on with it. The case numbers in most of Europe v UK is the most obvious indicator of what happens when you drop all restrictions.

Whilst the cultures are different, I don't believe that Spanish or French people are fundamentally different to us Brits - the main difference is that in those countries, they have leaders who make proactive decisions. You might not agree with their politics or decisions, but at least they are prepared to try something and the mandating of masks effectively forces most people to use them.

Compare this to our government who are not prepared to enforce anything until it is too late. They only change things when there is no decision to make and things have spiraled so far out of control that there is only one course of action possible. Exhibit A was last Winter, and I think we'll see exhibit B coming up very shortly.

Don't get me wrong, the vaccines are working and it's good that hospital numbers and number of deaths is remaining relatively low, but not taking simple precautions will cost more lives than necessary.

Some of the UK have been in plan B all summer. I'ts no hardship and never understood why the whole UK didn't follow the plan B plan anyway. Wearing masks isn't difficult, but it will be harder to make people go back to it,while those of us that have just carried on as far as I can tell don't have any issue with it.
I've continued to wear mine on public transport and in shops with the exception of one occasion when I forgot to bring one out with me. As you say, it's no great hardship but I increasingly feel like the odd one out when wearing one because so few people have them on these days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.