Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
See the scientists want us to ban anything fun again because they can't bear their loss of control and prominence.
Replace the words 'ban anything fun' to 'encourage the sensible wearing of masks in certain circumstances' and then change 'can't bear their loss of control and prominence' to 'want to avoid a public health emergency later in the year' and you're bang on!!

I've continued to wear mine on public transport and in shops with the exception of one occasion when I forgot to bring one out with me. As you say, it's no great hardship but I increasingly feel like the odd one out when wearing one because so few people have them on these days!
Yes that was alays the issue with making it discrecionary, the more people that don't wear them he less comfortable those that do feel. Being in Scotland everyone is still wearing them and as I say I hear very few complaints and those that have been to England over the summer have felt uncomfortable with the lack of mask wearing. here was no real reason to drop the masks in England.

Last edited:
Let's be honest, It's absolutely embarrassing that we as citizens don't wear masks on public transport and other indoor settings. Such a simple thing to do, yet we're so innately selfish that most of us couldn't care less that more transmission puts more vulnerable people in hospital.

Let's be honest, It's absolutely embarrassing that we as citizens don't wear masks on public transport and other indoor settings. Such a simple thing to do, yet we're so innately selfish that most of us couldn't care less that more transmission puts more vulnerable people in hospital.
There seems to be a belief in this country that wearing a mask is somehow wrong or prevents you from doing what you want, which is complete b******t. This, coupled with the misplaced view that "the British bulldog spirit" can conquer anything, is what could get us into further trouble.

One thing I don't understand is why we don't have a modified booster yet? The boosters being given are just a repeat of the vaccines given earlier in the year but they have always been less effective vs Delta.

This is especially true for the AZ vaccine which contains an Adenovirus and people not only gain antibodies against COVID but they gain antibodies vs the Adenovirus itself and so efficacy drops further.

Given the prevalence of the use of the AZ vaccine here, is this possibly why our cases are higher than anywhere else? It may also explain the ping pong of cases going on in Europe, for example Greece and Germany are seeing new case booms.

Your post is a bit misleading mate. People in the U.K. who have a booster get the Pfizer or Moderna jab unless they can only take the AZ jab. The reason why we have got loads of cases is because there is loads of people mixing socially (as well as low usage of face masks). I do the same when I go to the football, rugby etc.

There seems to be a belief in this country that wearing a mask is somehow wrong or prevents you from doing what you want, which is complete b******t. This, coupled with the misplaced view that "the British bulldog spirit" can conquer anything, is what could get us into further trouble.
Humans are sheep by nature. We're 'pack animals'. So being the odd one out and wearing a mask feels uncomfortable. People need to step up and take one for the team. Wear a mask and others will feel more natural and less silly doing the same.

The bulldog spirit has been replaced by the bullshit spirit courtesy of our PM and the gullible fools who still support him.

Sorry if it’s in the wrong thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.