Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not had the vaccine and don't plan to have it either. I'm not anti-vax, I just don't think it's necessary for me. I have worked since day one of lockdown, usually six days a week, 10 hours a day in a job where I come into close contact with approximately 30 to 50 random strangers a day. I have never worn a mask and have never washed my hands. I've never been ill and my family have all been fine.

It's over.

Your choice has it should be so you not planning leaving the country anytime soon?

Not had the vaccine and don't plan to have it either. I'm not anti-vax, I just don't think it's necessary for me. I have worked since day one of lockdown, usually six days a week, 10 hours a day in a job where I come into close contact with approximately 30 to 50 random strangers a day. I have never worn a mask and have never washed my hands. I've never been ill and my family have all been fine.

It's over.
I know you've had a lot of responses mate but please consider getting the vaccine. You might not get ill but the vaccine prevents transmission in many or some cases and that transmission might kill someone else. At the very least the less people get vaccinated the more likely it is that we will be locked down again shortly.

You also don't know what the virus will do to you if you did get it, Delta has hit the younger particularly harder than the first strains and so there is no relationship really between mild/moderate illness and age. All we do know is that the most serious cases are more often seen in the elderly, for everyone else it can be a game of Russian roulette.

If we had a vaccine against the cold which could reduce cold transmission by at least 50% and even stop you getting the cold then would you take it? I certainly would because no matter how mild it is I don't want to get the cold.

Hope you are right on the case decline and could well be. Guess we will soon see.

The northern regions have not been going up. The southern ones have driven this recent rise. If they start to fall - which is probably inevitable after a few weeks - then it will make a big difference.

Where do you find the test data from the weekend btw? Gov UK only post it on the site on weekdays. Always bugged me as they must have it and post the other stuff over the weekend.
Is there a chance that the extra cases logged recently have been the catch up from the false negatives from that lab in the midlands? I haven't had the chance to look at the trends of day tested positive just yet

it’s so conflicted isn’t it.

one day you got a top scientist saying we’re heading into catastrophic levels and the NHS is going to collapse.

the next you have Goverment minister saying it’s practically over in a months time.
It's a bit different from that I'd say.

The government modelling is also being done by top scientists and not Sajid Javed, for example. Obviously this might not be outcome and cases, hospitalisations and deaths soar to previously unseen levels,. If it isn't then it's hard to see where we go next but it does seem to be a reasonable scenario.

It's over.
I think you might be anti-vax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.