Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I don't understand. Any sniff of a new variant then they should immediately ban all travel from any countries affected until more is known. Surely we must have learnt our lesson by now that dithering isn't an option.
Well it looks like we’ve got our act together quite quickly for a change:

Pleasantly surprised. It was the sensible idea so I had foolishly assumed we would dither and end up doing the opposite. Very happy to be wrong. Hopefully they have learned from past mistakes. But let us all hope this does not prove as bad as it may be because if it does then this will be out there almost everwhere regardlessnas most nations have no ability to shut themselves dowm and we will have to do a New Zealand to stop that impacting us - whilst knowing we cannot self sustain for the length of time required.

So let us all hope this is an over reaction as the thought of months rejigging the vaccines and yet another mass vaccination campaign with lockdowns throughout is not a good one.

Perhaps we will get lucky and it will be very infective and less deadly. If that happens it could even be good news if we manage it right.

Last edited:
If it is more deadly it will fire up all the 'cooked up in a lab' believers who see this virus release as a plan to economically destroy the west and create a new world order without firing a shot.

I do not believe that but it is not hard to see why such ideas flourish as this thing seems relentless.

Boosters. Fantastic data emerging on efficacy. Go get your booster ASAP.

Mine now booked on Saturday.

And if you've got them, get your kids vaxxed too.

Had my booster this morning, no choice on offer, today's vaccine was the Moderna one. That's 2 Pfizers, 1 Moderna and zero side effects. Having had covid at the end of October I'm beginning to think I'm immune to vaccines. ;-)

If it is more deadly it will fire up all the 'cooked up in a lab' believers who see this virus release as a plan to economically destroy the west and create a new world order without firing a shot.

I do not believe that but it is not hard to see why such ideas flourish as this thing seems relentless.

But outside of the West, in Asia and China etc they lockdown and pretty much follow the same protocol for virus outbreaks

Lead story on the ten o'clock news. Obvious scientists think this could be a real threat.

Expected to be named the Nu variant tomorrow in an emergecy session by world health. The 13th letter in the Greek alphabet. Wonder who came up with that idea!

Be Christmas before we know if it is more deadly or vaccine evasive they say due to the lag cases - hospitalisation - outcome.

Scientists think we should be thanking and helping the countries we are locking down for being quick to alert the world not just locking them out.

Vaccination rates in South Africa are pretty good they add so we should see how they hold up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.