Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The speed at which this Boris-led government has reacted to this new variant should tell you all you need to know about the seriousness of this situation.
Or it’s taking the migrant deaths of the front pages…. Now I may be being a little cynical but I don’t trust this shower of shit one iota.

It was only the travelers on those two particular flights that were tested, and they were only tested because they happened to land at a time when the news had broken. The travelers that arrived at Schiphol from South Africa yesterday were not tested and flights between the two countries will continue.
That's not what the Dutch website says. Those two flights were stopped even though they arrived prior to New restrictions being enforced. From 12noon on the 26th November any flight arriving from a number of african countries you had to have taken a pcr test prior to boarding your flight and quarantine on arrival and would only be allowed in if your a Dutch national or EU state national in transit.

While it's true that in South Africa they have large capabilities of screening viruses, it's no coincidence either that several virus variations come from SA. They have a big AIDS problem down there which leads to a disfunctional immune system. There the virus can survive a lot more generations in the host before it's finally extinct by the immune reaction or killed the host. Thus you have a greater chance of mutations. The environment of the poor township folks is also benefical to spread it around.

I have the same worries with Russia, even more tbh because they clearly seem to rig their data so we won't even know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.