Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, even if it means letting the bodies pile high.
When he made that remark (allegedly) the general opinion (on here) was that he was putting the economy ahead of people. Now the general opinion is that lock downs are bad and should be avoided. Hmmmm......

Which is why I said not too :)

But maybe fining an employer for forcing employees in against the law.
But who decides who is able to work from home? I spend a large part of my day at laptop so you could argue that should be done from home, but I also have to deal with staff issues, logistics issues, not always that clear cut

My 21-year-old son who lives and works in Cardiff has just phoned he has tested positive. He was travelling back home tomorrow and going to the game with me on Boxing Day.
He is going for a PCR test tomorrow and hopefully will test negative.
If not he will have to isolate on his own for 10 days. His girlfriend has already gone home to her mam and dads.
Omicron is really going to screw up families Christmas. His Nana in her 80s hasn't seen him for months.

Just shows how much milder omicron appears to be. If someone is unfortunately hospitalised I assume they test and confirm the variant. If so it’s astounding how few are in with the new variant. 126 yesterday and most not in for that.

Im honestly not sure How what I said translate into what you seem to have read??. 11.5 million people that have already had Covid cannot be registered on the tracking site again. the tracking site blocks the tracking of a any reinfection right now. Omicrons main transmission advantage is it reinfects. therefore the data we have available to us in the public domain is very much skewed downwards for the actual numbers of cases right now.

Not sure im misunderstanding your point.

Last edited:
Thought I'd stir up trouble and ask if anyone remembers "Follow The Science"?

Snipe at will - I'm swapping Bluemoon for a blanket and BBC 4's back catalogue of walking videos, don't expect a reply until after Xmas.

What would crush the NHS Iis infection spreading through NHS staff causing complete ward closures. and an increase in admissions fro extremely high infection rates. It's a very simple calculation. The answer is more complicated and a balancing act. Some people seem to think doing nothing and seeing how it goes is an option. It's not which is why no government anywhere seems to be taking that route.
Of course we dismantled the Nightingale hospitals. Why? Did they think it was all over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.