Coronavirus (2022) thread

So far, it’s just the people moaning about how others might comment, commenting.

Commentception.
It's bullying mate. Better talked about in those terms. People want it shut down before it starts. They're scared, and there isn't a fear out there that doesn't have some basis in reason. Telling people not to talk about a thing though is usually not a good idea. Freedom of information and freedom of expression are valuable, just as freedom from interference in our lives, and freedom from fear, are.

My view is that freedom from fear goes both ways. They oughtn't to pile on and threaten people with a barrage of extreme negativity for talking about a thing. They know it has an effect. We're all sensitive to social pressure. And they know, the more of them do it, the more effective it is. It's not something people persevere through for very long. That's why they do it. But that's the way the internet turned out for you. Once upon a time shouting down discussion and dogpiling was moderated out of existence - not anymore.

It's bullying mate. Better talked about in those terms. People want it shut down before it starts. They're scared, and there isn't a fear out there that doesn't have some basis in reason. Telling people not to talk about a thing though is usually not a good idea. Freedom of information and freedom of expression are valuable, just as freedom from interference in our lives, and freedom from fear, are.

My view is that freedom from fear goes both ways. They oughtn't to pile on and threaten people with a barrage of extreme negativity for talking about a thing. They know it has an effect. We're all sensitive to social pressure. And they know, the more of them do it, the more effective it is. It's not something people persevere through for very long. That's why they do it. But that's the way the internet turned out for you. Once upon a time shouting down discussion and dogpiling was moderated out of existence - not anymore.
Covid-19 has been completed according to most, whereas the sensible among us recognised that it had just disappeared into the shadows.

As long as the death rates don’t rise too much, it will remain “completed.”

It might be bullying or it might be a coping mechanism. Either way, as you say, it’s an attempt to shut down debate.

New B.4 and B.5 varriants.
Omicron and its derivatives seem to dampen future Omicron T-Cell type imune response which is a bit of a worry as it will allow reinfections after a while.
Not worse pathtagenically though - but the doom merchants will say it's only a matter of time.
I say that's only a big worry for China with their zero covid strategy.

New B.4 and B.5 varriants.
Omicron and its derivatives seem to dampen future Omicron T-Cell type imune response which is a bit of a worry as it will allow reinfections after a while.
Not worse pathtagenically though - but the doom merchants will say it's only a matter of time.
I say it's only a big worry for China with their zero covid strategy.
Is our Covid strategy now not zero, with fingers in our ears, whilst blowing raspberries?

No one knows what will happen this winter yet. You’d hope our scientists are working on what might need to be done.

Whatever they decide to do will be ridiculed by some no mark on Twitter/YouTube, but I guess they’re getting better at ignoring the science deniers.

Is our Covid strategy now not zero, with fingers in our ears, whilst blowing raspberries?

No one knows what will happen this winter yet. You’d hope our scientists are working on what might need to be done.

Whatever they decide to do will be ridiculed by some no mark on Twitter/YouTube, but I guess they’re getting better at ignoring the science deniers.
Plenty of antivirals for Covid now

Plenty of antivirals for Covid now
Which is excellent. We’re in a vastly different position now to deal with Covid.

What none of us know is what we may have to deal with in the winter as of yet and how efficacious treatments are.

If they’re good, then we have no issues. If they’re not, we have to adapt accordingly.

Its always been like this, throughout COVID’s existence.

I'm on the ONS survey/testing and 2 weeks ago should have been the last one. The chap who delivers my test said its being continued for another 2 months as they've been told there's a couple of potentially nasty strains of the virus lurking.

Felt rough this morning and have tested positive. I've not had it before to my knowledge and have had both jabs and the booster. Nothing too serious, just achy joints, persistent coughing, blowing my nose a lot and feel a bit under the weather. At the moment it's like a mild dose of flu and not really anything to get too excited about.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.