Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I agree that the bottom part of the table is the issue. I honestly thought all of them would stick together and demand null and void and that would be the end of it. And at the beginning of the lockdown some of those clubs (West Ham for example) spoke out that they were against a restart. But then one by one their tune changed. My guess is they were “advised” to shut up by some nasty forces that control the game.

So we agree on the argument they have. We just disagree on whether they have the guts to do anything about it.

yep
the teams at the bottom should have spoke out and i think they did try to boycott the restart but its a voting system and you need numbers to swing it your way ?? the top teams would have voted yes because of the money they are making and safe from going down and don't really care about the rest

but are the bottom clubs being told to shut up and play and have to take it because of the vote. if that's the case the bottom 3 will kick off big time and take the premier league to court. they would have a right to fight them and take them on. and if from what i have heard the 2 teams from the championship are going to be given a place even they don't restart and vote to finish

the mess is going to be bad and i can see trouble in the end and teams will not be happy if the championship is void and 2 places given to leeds and WBA in promotion without a fight or being asked to play the rest of the games

Why is our home game against Newcastle going to a neutral venue? Once again we have the lions share of the shit sandwich we are being asked to eat

do we really think fans will turn up to the grounds knowing they are lock out end of story ? no chance of getting near the ground never mind thinking they could try and break in hahahah the etihad is closed off by gates around the ground its just about impossible to get to the stadium gates

so i would say the etihad is the only place you could completely close off and keep fans away from the ground so why have we got to move games, all i can think of is the money and sponsorship at wembley ? they will play the games there mark my words and wembley will have all the bottom seats covered in sponsors that the premier league can get in

do we really think fans will turn up to the grounds knowing they are lock out end of story ? no chance of getting near the ground never mind thinking they could try and break in hahahah the etihad is closed off by gates around the ground its just about impossible to get to the stadium gates

so i would say the etihad is the only place you could completely close off and keep fans away from the ground so why have we got to move games, all i can think of is the money and sponsorship at wembley ? they will play the games there mark my words and wembley will have all the bottom seats covered in sponsors that the premier league can get in

I don't that as sponseship money has alrady been paid to home sides and they should be able to display the same adverts wherever they play Agree thaCoMS is teh only ground I know that already had a perimeter fence bar West Ham making it the easiest to keep fans away and should be used.

Other grounds that would be good to use are Reading, Bolton, and Boro. Even Doncaster wouldn't be a bad shout.

Am I being too sensitive? Thinking that when fixtures get decided, City will be playing in the heat of the day and with shortest time between matches. Whilst a certain other team who are never shown favour (cough cough) will play with a good rest between matches and at a more reasonable time when the heat should be much less.

Why is our home game against Newcastle going to a neutral venue? Once again we have the lions share of the shit sandwich we are being asked to eat

Reportedly a cricket test match at Old Trafford being planned that week and police not being willing to cover both. Though that has yet to be confirmed. OT has a hotel attached so they are planning to isolate cricketers there and only there and another ground are being used for tests because of having this necessity.

Though they could surely just move the Newcastle game midweek away from such a test if that is the true reason. Nothing ese makes sense.

But equally why is Man U v Sheffield U on the list too?

So general question why on earth is football resuming mid June yet all cricket has been caned until August.
Aside the money issue big question is why?

Reportedly a cricket test match at Old Trafford being planned that week and police not being willing to cover both. Though that has yet to be confirmed. OT has a hotel attached so they are planning to isolate cricketers there and only there and another ground are being used for tests because of having this necessity.

Though they could surely just move the Newcastle game midweek away from such a test if that is the true reason. Nothing ese makes sense.

But equally why is Man U v Sheffield U on the list too?

There is an evening T20 at OT on 5th July the test match isn't until August. Police are never visible at the cricket even with a full crowd, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

So general question why on earth is football resuming mid June yet all cricket has been caned until August.
Aside the money issue big question is why?

August for domestic cricket, the England money making games are still planned for July. as it stands but everything is up in the air.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.