Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I think there is a lot sense in suggestion 4 and I think starting Jan/Feb 2021 is a more realistic timescale than some of the nonsense being spouted by the self-interest brigade. Finishing off the 19/20 season including the Cups from Jan to May may be the only choice we have. The greedy clubs owners and broadcasters will just have to take a financial hit like everyone else. The players should all take a 50 per cent salary cut with the money raised going to help victims of the virus. The same should apply to broadcast revcenues. Of course there is no guarantee that even Jan next year is viable because until we get a vaccine it's hard to predict the future. However at least it is a potential date to work towards.
Yes and if they can’t resume in 12 months time then they really cannot finish this season. At the point they’d have to plan to start the 21/22 season around its normal time. Perhaps play the rescheduled euros as soon as practical, kick off 21/22 a few week earlier if possible.

The season isn’t finishing. Anyone with a modicum of common sense knows that... so leave the scousers in ignorance for a few more months. Reality will set in at some point and even they they’ll probably declare themselves Champions.

No probably about it. Banners all over the ground, nauseating chants, club will probably even include it on their honour's list

But deep down they'll know that they didn''t really win it and the ridicule they'll get will sting badly

This story reeks of fake news. I don't believe for one second that players want to resume playing behind closed doors while people are dying. FFS they are normal human beings with their own families. The players would destroy their own reputations for the rest of their careers if they took part in sport while the virus is still active. This is a leaked story from the money men to try and test public opinion. Their greed has no limits.

Totally agree

So know the justification for giving the chance for Liverpool to win title is now wrapped up in football being the saviour of the nations morale. What a load of blx

The PFA should ballot their members then we ll see how much appetite amongst the players their really is

Not really but we could still have another bite at 3 in a row if this season is wiped from the records.

Well technically, if this season is cancelled and we win it next season, we will have been the reigning champion with the trophy tucked away in our stadium from May 18 to May 22 (at least)

They are going to give it to the dippers even though they don't have the points to seal it,if they insist on that and/or finishing the season instead of voiding this one and doing what germany are doing then along with var and cheating that is it for me,always watch our games but the rest no thanks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.