Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

6 players from Portugals top flight already tested positive today. The idea that football can go on at the moment is really, really stupid

Can only see a season end and PPG calculation to determine who finishes where for the league, with the UCL and FA cup binned-off. Messy.

Weird Johnson Doesn’t mention sport and when it is safe to come back it’s like ah well leave to the premier league to decide!
It’s not weird because sport is meaningless. It was a 15 minute announcement, I wouldn’t think sport would get a mention if it was a three hour announcement.

In the grand scheme of things, sport is just entertainment. There would be hundreds of things more important to talk about before sport gets a mention.

The city of Liverpool has been suffering desperately, with a death rate nearly twice the national average. There is still inadequate personal and protective equipment to meet future demand. Three of the Government’s tests for lifting the lockdown have not been met.

Nobody is going to want to go to dipperland

Nothing really changed then :)

Be lucky to see next season underway rather than finish this one. I have convinced myself no footie until at least August/Sept next year.

Weird Johnson Doesn’t mention sport and when it is safe to come back it’s like ah well leave to the premier league to decide!

To be fair he didn't actually need to refer to the Premier League specifically..

He has outlined a social distancing criteria that must be adhered to by all for the next few months.

After out lining the Criteria,it is obvious the Premier league can not resume in any capacity for the foreseeable future without breaching social distancing rules.

It is what is.

I bet there are many Football players, and their families relieved this evening.

It is not just the Victims losing out,so are we.

The 2019/2020 domestic Season will be remembered for City winning the only Silverware.

He did mention sport, sport is allowed as of Wednesday as long as social distance and only with family members, Fishing is allowed

So he only mentioning what sport can be played? If so when he named them he could off added that team contact sport will not be played for at least 6 weeks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.