Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

im not sure what stage we are at ive lost track,the last i heard was clubs do not want neutral venues so the FA were going to ask government for home and away games,if thats where we are at then im pretty sure they are not going to grant that, that pretty much puts it to bed IMO, as it stands they have around 11 weeks from now to complete,they cant push back next season because of the Euro's,i really cant see it happening,and thats without the R rate climbing or 2nd wave which probably will happen and a player revolt

You've got it in a nutshell.

Personally for me it's the first time I've pulled myself out of the football cycle, this is a huge break from the footballing world that we love and I've had time to reflect, digest and retune myself to the real world.

I'll tell you straight I haven't missed football one bit and that is purely because I haven't missed the shit flung at us from every angle and every living media outlet, the constant sportwashing and human rights abuse bollocks that gets tagged with every article about us, it's like I can breath again without inhaling the shite I see day in day out.

Tell me I'm being sensitive, tell me I'm talking shit and tell me I'm being paranoid, I couldn't care less. I've supported this club for nearly 40 years now and I miss the team and the buzz of seeing us play but what outweighs that massively is the Liverpool* wankfest that I've and that we have had to endure for getting on for two years.

Let's not forget that.

You're being sensitive, talking shit and being paranoid.

See you at the Etihad when it all starts back up again ;)

I think there is a split between matchgoing and armchair fans. The armchair fans plus the media (who have a self-interest) are lobbying for football to return behind closed doors. Matchgoers are more critical. I am probably somewhere in the middle. There will come a time when it is safe for games to happen and at that point I'll probably watch City (even behind closed doors). But I am not going back to SKY or BT so it will have to be a dodgy stream or not at all.

Dont agree with you there mate. I dont think armchair fans want the game back without fans either. Watching football on TV in an empty stadium will be incredibly boring. I am an arachair fan these days and I have no interest in watching football televised from empty stadia.

You are not wrong , many City fans would be the same even tho they wouldn't admit it.
Its human nature or rather football fan nature.
And on the flip side you can bet that utd fans would praying that the season would be null and void.
Interesting Liverpool fans prob wouldn't be at that time, , they were genuinely pleased about the aguero moment our rivalry with them came much later

I am not so sure City fans would be like that lot at all, lets face it we have the best chance in years to win the Champions League but I dont hear a clamour about that. Maybe because the CL is not universally popular amongst a fair proportion of City fans, and if we did win it it would likely be behind closed doors in Istanbul. Not sure it would mean that much under those circumstances anyway.

I am not so sure City fans would be like that lot at all, lets face it we have the best chance in years to win the Champions League but I dont hear a clamour about that. Maybe because the CL is not universally popular amongst a fair proportion of City fans, and if we did win it it would likely be behind closed doors in Istanbul. Not sure it would mean that much under those circumstances anyway.

Since last year when we were given it on a plate and dropped it.

Dont agree with you there mate. I dont think armchair fans want the game back without fans either. Watching football on TV in an empty stadium will be incredibly boring. I am an arachair fan these days and I have no interest in watching football televised from empty stadia.
You are right. I probably should have said some armchair fans. I am really thinking about the sort of fanboys who have no real emotional attachment to football. There seems to be a whole generation of them. They have probably never attended matches.

According to Hancock summer holidays won’t happen because people will need to social distance...But yesterday they gave football the green light to start in 3 weeks time.
Money innit

still can't see your mum and dad at the same time but unrelated people can play a contact sport

Someone needs to ask boris that question directly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.