Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by berryblue, 9 Mar 2020.

1. Lovebitesandeveryfing

Lovebitesandeveryfing

Fresh outbreaks, on an admittedly small scale, are now occurring in China (reported on Radio 4 and France Culture this morning). Not in Wuhan, but far, far away, in the north-east. This thing is still around. Yes, part of the world has to go back to work. We've still got to be very cautious. I'm looking at people's behaviour in the streets since Monday and frankly, I'm not seeing enough of that caution. It worries me. At this point, I couldn't give a toss whether Liverpool FC are champions or not. Talk of resuming football within the next month is, in my considered opinion, irresponsible.

Gordyola, GOULDYBOBS, malkie and 2 others like this.
  2. Man_City_Loyal

Man_City_Loyal

oooft

3. Father Paul

Father Paul

Almost forgot that one about the weather it was a howl and only a while back but seems like it was another era since Corona came to town.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Marvin

Marvin

I was a student at University of Manchester. I did a Masters there in Astronomy and Astrophysics. I stayed on to write my research up as 'staff visitor', bu now I have accepted a Doctoral scholarship to work on a project related to Exomars (a joint Russian and European space agency mission to Mars delayed now to 2022). It relates to the Rosalind Franklin rover which is due to launch in 2022. I'll be using neutron diffraction to study the affect of perchlorate salts on the hydrogen bonding in water molecules, investigating the boundaries of life, and the self-assembly of bio-molecules, the initial building blocks of life.

Last edited: 14 May 2020
  5. waspish

waspish

The Brighton player not towing the party line. Told him that going down to the shops is more risky than playing football he came back with food is essential football isn’t it all went quite for a few seconds.

6. Brightwell Bros.

Brightwell Bros.

I've made my point over and over again: an impatience or underlying feeling that "we've got to get things going again and test the waters" goes against much economic advice, as counterintuitively as it seems. Here is a paper about last timestime happened like this: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3561560

In football terms, it's like rushing your star player back from injury for a big game because he looks ok in light training. If he reinjures himself it will be worse and a longer time on the sidelines than if you had waited a few more weeks.

7. purplenose

purplenose

Fuck me Marvin does,nt being that fucking clever give you a headache?

8. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Academic and no CDF, quite often the case

9. RightTurnClyde

RightTurnClyde

Let's hope that your astronomical projections are far more accurate than your meteorological forecasting/reporting ;-)

10. Gray

Gray

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed
    Team supported:
    ABU & The Bus Wreckers
    Shouldn't you be forming a Pop Group?