Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The opening game will be televised on a Friday night by Sky, who would show four matches each weekend, with one on BT and the remaining five likely to be made free-to-air. @MailSport

That could be City v Arsenal as the PL have already said they want that game on first to level the number of games left to play, it would then be 9 for every club?
PS just noticed Villa v Sheff. U. is also a game in hand.

If we don't start to open up businesses and test the waters as it were, a bit like Wildebeest crossing the African river with the crocs waiting . Many more will die from starvation than those eaten during the crossing .

Rubbish, nobody is starving and that won't happen - stop sensationalizing things.

I wonder if City offering a refund for this season, and if wanted, crediting it towards next season, is a sign that they think planning for next season is more important than trying to get this one finished ?

I thought it was interesting that GMP issued that statement yesterday about crowd control if City had to host liverpool in the home game, I don't think there is much chance of keeping people away from stadiums (neutral or not) when there are games such as this to be completed, and it must be taken into consideration that hundreds of officers might still be required to police games behind closed doors, putting them at greater risk.

I wonder if City offering a refund for this season, and if wanted, crediting it towards next season, is a sign that they think planning for next season is more important than trying to get this one finished ?

I thought it was interesting that GMP issued that statement yesterday about crowd control if City had to host liverpool in the home game, I don't think there is much chance of keeping people away from stadiums (neutral or not) when there are games such as this to be completed, and it must be taken into consideration that hundreds of officers might still be required to police games behind closed doors, putting them at greater risk.

I have already paid for next season as was contracted but my account manager said they had a few contingencies for next season (half season tickets was one of the options they mentioned) but they are not doing anything until this season is sorted and they have confirmation what next season will bring.

This is obviously my own opinion but I do not see us being allowed back in the Etihad till New Year at the earliest which would probably mean half season tickets for next season

Anyone know where we are with players graciously taking a pay cut?..I have recently been clipped 15% myself by my employers without whinging or recourse to unions/employment law. Assuming the greedy b*stards are just dragging the process out till the pot is drained?

Just reading the prem leagues insane training protocols! Lol please read them

no way a ball being kicked this year. totally impossible.

They are so desperate to finish this season all common sense is out of the window.

Only 2 possible ways to sort this. End the tables as they are now or cancel the entire season.

Just reading the prem leagues insane training protocols! Lol please read them

no way a ball being kicked this year. totally impossible.

They are so desperate to finish this season all common sense is out of the window.

Only 2 possible ways to sort this. End the tables as they are now or cancel the entire season.

Yeah it’s absolute bonkers and it’s pretty much a forgone conclusion the season won’t be completed.

Null and void is def off the table and they can’t end as now as some teams have a game in hand, so it will probably end being done on the points per game scenario

I was a student at University of Manchester. I did a Masters there in Astronomy and Astrophysics. I stayed on to write my research up as 'staff visitor', bu now I have accepted a Doctoral scholarship to work on a project related to Exomars (a joint Russian and European space agency mission to Mars delayed now to 2022). It relates to the Rosalind Franklin rover which is due to launch in 2022. I'll be using neutron diffraction to study the affect of perchlorate salts on the hydrogen bonding in water molecules, investigating the boundaries of life, and the self-assembly of bio-molecules, the initial building blocks of life.

In other words, works at Asda :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.