Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Plus the number of covid deaths is more manipulated than the stock market.

There has been manipulation up and down but the bottom line is that there’s circa 60,000 more deaths to date this year than average. Some of those additional deaths maybe for a variety of reasons but the BMJ recently wrote that only a third of the additional deaths in the community can be readily explained by Covid 19. I’m no conspiracy theorist but I think this virus may be bigger than we think and may be impacting some sections of society with underlying ailments in a variety of ways. It too soon for anyone to be definitive and the medical and scientific communities are playing catch up. The big test will come in the Autumn / Winter when we may face a second wave of this pandemic and a strain of influenza.

The reason we are in lock-down isn't because it this kills everyone it touches, the reason we are in lock-down is that there is a percentage of people it will kill and also a percentage it will severely deteriorate. I am fairly certain i have had it, my mum tested positive while in hospital for it and she lives with us, but we had 4 negative results in the household. We displayed mild symptoms, feeling cold and a bit rundown where you just don't want to do anything, but nothing major. I do however know at least 3 people who have had it and are generally fit, one of them is a regular in the gym, and they have been absolutely wrecked from it and been unable to function for 7 days, some even more. The fear was that these cases would clog up the healthcare system and mean that there would not be enough beds and staff to look after the very vulnerable.
It's worrying that a lot of people think that this has been done to put fear into people, to stop the economy or whatever, it's bollocks. It's been done to try and keep this under control and the reason for the so-called fear is that if they just told people to stay indoors to protect others and not themselves, no fucker would stay indoors because most people are selfish.

Re football, i just don't see how it can comeback to a safe enough standard. It's not comparable to anything else, save maybe something along the lines of sports massages, as there is no way to stop physical contact. The testing is mostly shit, the number of false negatives (as probably proven in what i have written above) is so high and AFAIK they're not doing it daily either? It just seems completely mental to me.

The reason we are in lock-down isn't because it this kills everyone it touches, the reason we are in lock-down is that there is a percentage of people it will kill and also a percentage it will severely deteriorate. I am fairly certain i have had it, my mum tested positive while in hospital for it and she lives with us, but we had 4 negative results in the household. We displayed mild symptoms, feeling cold and a bit rundown where you just don't want to do anything, but nothing major. I do however know at least 3 people who have had it and are generally fit, one of them is a regular in the gym, and they have been absolutely wrecked from it and been unable to function for 7 days, some even more. The fear was that these cases would clog up the healthcare system and mean that there would not be enough beds and staff to look after the very vulnerable.
It's worrying that a lot of people think that this has been done to put fear into people, to stop the economy or whatever, it's bollocks. It's been done to try and keep this under control and the reason for the so-called fear is that if they just told people to stay indoors to protect others and not themselves, no fucker would stay indoors because most people are selfish.

Re football, i just don't see how it can comeback to a safe enough standard. It's not comparable to anything else, save maybe something along the lines of sports massages, as there is no way to stop physical contact. The testing is mostly shit, the number of false negatives (as probably proven in what i have written above) is so high and AFAIK they're not doing it daily either? It just seems completely mental to me.
Good post Shev

Good post Shev
Mate I've been getting messages from close friends telling me its all a hoax and that they're going to be going out and enjoying the sun with their families. It's all selfishness really, it's even getting to my missus with the "if everyone else is doing it, why aren't we?!". I hope they can control the second wave and the percentage of people who struggle with it is relatively low.

There is overwhelming evidence that the risks of viral transmission are far higher in enclosed environments with risk largely borne by the immune compromised. I agree with your point that the lockdown was rationalised on the basis of protecting the vulnerable but that does not make it appropriate for all time, for all people.

People can be altruistic and selfish. Humanity is very much underrated but at the moment is extremely confused and fearful. I am grateful there are people like you who try and work it out even if you come to a different conclusion.

As per Samuel’s article the other day, what’s happening re the FA Cup? Have the FA made any announcement/provision plan yet? Just wondering what with all the talk about the league returning. Have they said their intention is to complete the competition this year, or is it just silence on this?

Educate yourself jimmysboots. We have been fed the scare story to make sure we all comply with lockdown which was put in place based on a guy (Neil Ferguson) who's models of potential epidemics have been wrong time and time again.

https://thecritic.co.uk/were-all-in-the-big-numbers-now/

I totally agree, road deaths are greater than covid deaths, same with flu. Also likely to be true that this is an old /sick person's disease! Quite a harsh report tbh.

Are they aware though that ALL road deaths happening in a 2 month period is the sort of impact we are trying to prevent? Or that all these "i'me alright Jack" young and fit people have elderly relatives that ARE at risk.

Seemed like propaganda to me

How anyone can thing that this Covid19 virus was a scare story to wreck the economy, must be ill with the virus. The Tory party are all about business, so why would they release these scare stories is beyond me. This virus is still killing over 200 a day forget the figures over the last couple of days, they are always low over any bank holiday.

What is the point of going anywhere when everything is shut. It is better to stay at home and go somewhere more local. I am still expecting it to rise again when we get closer to late October and early November. This Covid19 virus is here to stay. It will continue to mutate and so it will be harder to control.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.