Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Two interesting pieces of news.

Four more positive tests at three clubs in the latest round of testing.

Liverpool & West Ham against paying TV rights holders the 330 mill the PL are contractually obliged to pay (Guardian)
Liverpool have hemorrhaged money throughout all this apparently but surely they still have £100m or so left over from selling Coutinho that they could spare?

Well at least they can "test and trace" from tomorrow. It could rapidly become a farce, if squads have to isolate, games will be postponed, it could go on forever, just as team A are all OK team B get a positive test and they isolate.....

If there's a test after a match, then both teams isolate.
I may have misheard, but I'm sure BBC news saying those who have been in contact, isolating is voluntary.

Tennis not back til aug 3rd earliest. US decision to lift quarantine rules for elite level sportsmen will get things moving over there for golf and tennis certainly. Cricket is as socially distanced as any sport I suppose but then you have the riddle of how to deal with the ball with all the spit and sweat on it

Boris Becker's Backhand. Oh you are in for an eye opener here. Cricket. When it resumes players will NOT be allowed to spit on the ball to make it shine but they WIL be able to use their sweat. No I have posted this in the correct thread, I appreciate the joke thread is in Off Top but this is genuine ![/USER]

Boris Becker's Backhand. Oh you are in for an eye opener here. Cricket. When it resumes players will NOT be allowed to spit on the ball to make it shine but they WIL be able to use their sweat. No I have posted this in the correct thread, I appreciate the joke thread is in Off Top but this is genuine ![/USER]
Not sure what to make of that. I did google it in case you were joking ! The ICC medical advisory committee regard the virus as “highly unlikely” to be transmitted via sweat. Ulterior motive lads ?

I certainly wouldn’t be catching a ball thrown by a sweaty cricketer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.