Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I can’t see how they continue even behind closed doors, supposedly you can get the virus more than once, if you play behind closed doors I reckon that’s 500 people with tv crews, it only takes a few before it starts falling down again, forget the teams the support network has families, you organise a match suddenly a few test positive again or show symptoms you then have to knock that on the head. There are approximately 190 premier league games to play and hopefully televise if behind closed doors, I just don’t think there are enough to deliver that. If they aren’t televised is VAR used? Then what happens if you play a couple then have to stop again? And remember it’s not just the premier league its all the other leagues, there’s a finite amount of officials, if they get it game is called off when do you rearrange. Of course I could be wrong and we will play all the games before June, highly unlikely.

Telegraph running the story there’s no resistance to giving Liverpool the title so it’ll probably happen
It will be a joke and they will be forever remembered as the team who never won it, they may well refuse it because of that. Will they try to shoehorn two Liverpool games in first thing so they can win it, would be piss funny if they lost both, it would show how desperate they are to give it to them, whatever happens the shine has been taken off it, 30 years for it to end in a farce, brilliant.

If you attend a professional sport event you connect with on average 14 people. 6 people who you brush past en route to/from the game. The two people you sit next to, 3 people behind you and 3 people in front of you and the 3 people behind you can only be infectious to you. You are outside for the most part, so less infectious than indoors.
None of those characteristics reflect the reality of attending Cheltenham though. It’s hard to think of many social settings better suited than that race meeting to spread a virus. I bet an average attendee at Cheltenham connects with over 100 people.

because the summer tours are so important?
that's out of context to single that out just to have a go. but you know that.
It's just a point of reference, for things that are already planned, i dislike them personally. the asian ones anyways, too much travel.
trying to cram in the rest of the season in together with everything else it's better just to bin this season than carry on, and start fresh otherwise it's gonna effect next season more than it's already going to.
this will be longer than the stated shut down.

There is no way that the 'title trophy' should go to a team that 'on paper' could still lose the league. Yes That would be unprecedented bollocks. I would be absolutely livid if it were my team.
Given the ability of Liverpool to dodge winning the Premier League on numerous occasions (twice losing to City and at least once to the Rags, from seemingly invincible positions), they cannot possibly be awarded anything other than an asterisk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.