Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The Lawn Tennis Association still not finally decided on whether to go ahead with Wimbledon but they immediately ruled out playing behind closed door. Meanwhile the football powers that be continue with their optimistic hopes getting LivArpool the title whilst many clubs and the broadcasters think only of money, saying it will be good for morale with little consideration that the disease could spread easily and add to the death toll.
Sheer idiocy and naked greed in bed together.

Watch this, all very sensible, reasoned analysis, then at 2:14 utter lunacy.

This season will continue no matter when. Even if it means delaying and shortening next season. The dippers must get their pot.

This season will continue no matter when. Even if it means delaying and shortening next season. The dippers must get their pot.
It depends on when the football resumes. The latest for this season to resume would be Feb/March 2021, which would allow this season to be completed without interfering with the Euros. Any later than that and they’ll resume with the Euros and then move on to the 21/22 season. But I still think Liverpool will get their pot. I think the most likely outcome if they can’t finish the season would be to finalise the current standings, cancel relegation and promote Leeds and WBA. I think that’s much more likely than this season being voided.

It depends on when the football resumes. The latest for this season to resume would be Feb/March 2021, which would allow this season to be completed without interfering with the Euros. Any later than that and they’ll resume with the Euros and then move on to the 21/22 season. But I still think Liverpool will get their pot. I think the most likely outcome if they can’t finish the season would be to finalise the current standings, cancel relegation and promote Leeds and WBA. I think that’s much more likely than this season being voided.

Promote Dirty Leeds and the Baggies? I think Fulham for one and a couple of other teams could have something to say about that.

And every team miss out on £100m+ TV money. Not so sure myself. Think the chairmen would take 75% this year 100% next year to cancel it.

Promote Dirty Leeds and the Baggies? I think Fulham for one and a couple of other teams could have something to say about that.
They would, but if they void this season then Liverpool, United, Leicester, Leeds, WBA etc would have something to say about. As would players if they lost out on appearance money and bonuses. I think the PL would rather take on Fulham than those.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.