Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The whole of Italy on lockdown.
Thank God got my daughter home from Siena, Italy on Saturday evening. 60 people at most in her flight. We should be over there now celebrating her 21st birthday today but cancelled the flights Saturday morning. So glad we did. She's not got any symptoms but personnally isolating herself. Extraordinary measures for extraordinary times!

Not sure if posted but Madrid are pushing for this to be played behind closed doors and it’s looking very likely

Thank God got my daughter home from Siena, Italy on Saturday evening. 60 people at most in her flight. We should be over there now celebrating her 21st birthday today but cancelled the flights Saturday morning. So glad we did. She's not got any symptoms but personnally isolating herself. Extraordinary measures for extraordinary times!

Yes crazy times.

Would clubs complain about playing behind closed does as it gives the away team an advantage?

Not sure if posted but Madrid are pushing for this to be played behind closed doors and it’s looking very likely

Listening to the Government Health Advisor on the news tonight he only said that within the next 2 weeks we could expect self isolation by people with even a mild respiratory problem and/or fever. Didn't mention the issue of sporting events. I reckon it's a moving target and it will depend on by how many the cases rise in the next few days. It may be that, at the very least, away fans won't be allowed to travel from Spain. I don't think we can judge it by the cancellation of the Real-Eibar game bearing in mind that the whole of Spain is subject to internal measures. Depends on whether it escalates there and all foreign travel is banned. I reckon though that it would suit both UEFA & RM to have it behind closed doors - they know they'll be in for a rough ride otherwise.

A ban over here from attending games would mean the dipper fans still haven’t seen them win the league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.