Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

From the latest Telegraph piece on testing increases -

Health officials expect 50 per cent of all cases of coronavirus to occur over just three weeks, with 95 per cent of cases occurring over nine weeks, putting services under extreme pressure.
If true, I don't see football restarting until Mid May.

Which would be possible on the basis that they push the Euro's back and delay the start of next season.

That’s Juve game cancelled for 2 weeks minimum as all players will have to go into isolation. That’s surely the cancellation of the competition. Just when I was starting to enjoy a potentially dipper free tournament too.

If the league is cancelled that would be totally unfair on everyone connected to Liverpool Football Club. If it happens then I think the FA, the PL and PGMOL should do their best to make sure Liverpool win it next season, you know, a few favourable decisions from the referees, a little bit of assistance from those nice VAR officials, turn a blind eye when needed and maybe a decent run of fixtures to ensure a smooth start and an easy run in.
This season being a practice run then?

Will the whole CL be postponed or what happens now? Juventus can't play Lyon next tuesday because the whole team will be in quarentine

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.