Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by berryblue, 9 Mar 2020.

1. BongoBlue

BongoBlue

Maldives are definitely on my list too.

tolmie's hairdoo likes this.
  2. Bluearmy

Bluearmy

And 2 teams relegated. Amiens and Toulouse. Expect lawsuits very soon!!

wattle likes this.
  3. Bazzmand Show

Bazzmand Show

On what basis will they people able to 'sue' and who exactly are they suing? The French FA, the Chinese?

The governing bodies are not thick, they know that clubs cannot really expect to sue and claim damages in this situation.

Last edited: 30 Apr 2020

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Snape

Snape

I listened to Talksport this afternoon (I know but it was hawksbee and jacobs and that's the only show I listen to) the football policing lead was being interviewed. He finished with a great sentence - "there will always be another football season but not another life".

5. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    Maybe not be thick but can’t always be relied upon to make the correct decisions
    With respect to suing then it depends upon the rules of the competition as to if there are grounds

6. Bazzmand Show

Bazzmand Show

Clubs who are even threatening or considering to sue, should be embarrassed quite frankly. As they are putting undue pressure on the leagues to not cancel and therefore put peoples lives at risk.

I'd be embarrassed if City did it.

7. york away to this!

york away to this!

Rumour heard today that hotels around st George's park are being asked for ability to host team camps for a "tournament" style last games for the tv... booooooooooooooo

8. Bluearmy

Bluearmy

They are being forcibly removed without the competition being completed. Why should two teams from outside their current league take preference over Toulouse and Amiens. Not sure any team would take that decision lying down!!

9. Bazzmand Show

Bazzmand Show

Due to unforeseen circumstance that does not allow the league to continue safely, both for the health of the players and the general public.

My guess is that any competent lawyer would have the case thrown out within a few hours.

10. super_city_si

super_city_si

That was my first thought too. Ive only worn one shopping for 30mins and it was hot and uncomfortable. Its daft to expect them to wear one training. plus its going to keep slipping unless they wear the real deal ones which really should be reserved for healthcare workers