Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by berryblue, 9 Mar 2020.

1. qatar blue

qatar blue

I’m sure Henderson is organising a null and void position with the PL captains. He is after all the official ‘let’s do the right thing’ spokesman

2. karen7

karen7

i think the club would back the players

Gordyola likes this.
  3. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    There are a number if issues with masks and the effectiveness of wearing them Depending upon the type of mask depends upon as to whether it’s the wearer or those around being protected, generally it’s the later One major issue is the wearer is likely to fiddle with the mask as they are not so comfortable to wear especially for prolonged periods the consequences of this is that having touched surfaces which could be infected to then start touching around face is against all advice.

super_city_si likes this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Chappie

Chappie

They've never respected anything in their lives

jimmygrimblesboots likes this.
  5. karen7

karen7

Ha i bet he isnt,it is alright for him as the dippers wack the ball over the top for runners so he won't even touch the ball and Can dodge the other players

qatar blue likes this.
  6. 93.20blue

93.20blue

Team supported:
    City
    PSG was only 12 points ahead I think and Liverpool are 25 points ahead
    With Psg being awarded the title being 12 points ahead . I can see Liverpool being awarded the title should it be null and void unfortunately with them being 25 points ahead :( , a lot may follow what France has done

7. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    It’s every employer’s obligation to show a duty of care to their employees. There is no way that a club could guarantee the safety of their players, partaking in a contact sport, when it comes to possibly contracting this virus, therefore every player would have to be given the right to refuse to take part and not be in breach of contract

8. spiny

spiny

There are rules that define the season of each league. Redefining rules to satisfy certain interests has implications that cannot be applied selectively as they go down to amateur leagues. If those rules cannot be met then the season should be null and void without all this nonesense about changing rules mid season, playing behind closed doors and creating formulae to determine teams deserving to be crowned champions, promoted or relegated or whatever.

City have won the Carabao Cup and are with a good chance of the FA and CL Cups yet I do not see any clamour here for these to be completed unlike the Liverpool lobby to have them crowned champions and who incidentally lost to City in the Community Shield as well as already being knocked out of the cups.

Coronavirus affects everyone in the world and will be around for some time. Instead of trying to manipulate outcomes to "finish the season", football would be better served by rewriting the rules to take into account coronavirus and starting a new season where all participants sign up to the same rules. Who knows which clubs, sponsors, media and others will be around even next month and in what form? When the lockdown is lifted, the world will be a different place and "this season" totally different from when it started so will have no integrity. The implications for safety, logistics and risk are horrendous and must be unanimously agreed within Government parameters. The only option is to start again when safe to do so. Peoples lives come before football.

samarasra, qatar blue and Gordyola like this.
  9. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

I don't think insurance cover would be the players major concern, more would they survive if catching it.

samarasra, spiny and karen7 like this.
  10. Bluearmy

Bluearmy

Its the forced relegation which is the issue for me. How is that fair? If you call it done as it stands with psg as champions you force the relegation of Toulouse and Amiens! The fairer option is to void and reconvene next season with the same teams. Surely those two clubs will not take this lying down!

give it to gordon and spiny like this.