Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I don't know why the football bodies can't see that,u suppose they can sit behind their desks and send others out to play a contact sport,i hope the players say bugger off
I’m sure Henderson is organising a null and void position with the PL captains. He is after all the official ‘let’s do the right thing’ spokesman

I reckon the prem pushes this through, just enough for the dippers to win two games then when thats done. Season over.

I would like the players to release a joint statement and refuse to play but they are likely going to be in breach of contract with that if the prem did then organise games.
i think the club would back the players

That was my first thought too. Ive only worn one shopping for 30mins and it was hot and uncomfortable. Its daft to expect them to wear one training. plus its going to keep slipping unless they wear the real deal ones which really should be reserved for healthcare workers
There are a number if issues with masks and the effectiveness of wearing them Depending upon the type of mask depends upon as to whether it’s the wearer or those around being protected, generally it’s the later One major issue is the wearer is likely to fiddle with the mask as they are not so comfortable to wear especially for prolonged periods the consequences of this is that having touched surfaces which could be infected to then start touching around face is against all advice.

I’m sure Henderson is organising a null and void position with the PL captains. He is after all the official ‘let’s do the right thing’ spokesman
Ha i bet he isnt,it is alright for him as the dippers wack the ball over the top for runners so he won't even touch the ball and Can dodge the other players

The lawsuits will be rife if that happens.

PSG was only 12 points ahead I think and Liverpool are 25 points ahead
The lawsuits will be rife if that happens.

With Psg being awarded the title being 12 points ahead . I can see Liverpool being awarded the title should it be null and void unfortunately with them being 25 points ahead :( , a lot may follow what France has done

I reckon the prem pushes this through, just enough for the dippers to win two games then when thats done. Season over.

I would like the players to release a joint statement and refuse to play but they are likely going to be in breach of contract with that if the prem did then organise games.
It’s every employer’s obligation to show a duty of care to their employees. There is no way that a club could guarantee the safety of their players, partaking in a contact sport, when it comes to possibly contracting this virus, therefore every player would have to be given the right to refuse to take part and not be in breach of contract

There are rules that define the season of each league. Redefining rules to satisfy certain interests has implications that cannot be applied selectively as they go down to amateur leagues. If those rules cannot be met then the season should be null and void without all this nonesense about changing rules mid season, playing behind closed doors and creating formulae to determine teams deserving to be crowned champions, promoted or relegated or whatever.

City have won the Carabao Cup and are with a good chance of the FA and CL Cups yet I do not see any clamour here for these to be completed unlike the Liverpool lobby to have them crowned champions and who incidentally lost to City in the Community Shield as well as already being knocked out of the cups.

Coronavirus affects everyone in the world and will be around for some time. Instead of trying to manipulate outcomes to "finish the season", football would be better served by rewriting the rules to take into account coronavirus and starting a new season where all participants sign up to the same rules. Who knows which clubs, sponsors, media and others will be around even next month and in what form? When the lockdown is lifted, the world will be a different place and "this season" totally different from when it started so will have no integrity. The implications for safety, logistics and risk are horrendous and must be unanimously agreed within Government parameters. The only option is to start again when safe to do so. Peoples lives come before football.

There is still plenty of time to get a vote sorted out. I would let the players decide for themselves. Let both the FA and the Premier League sort out a vote as to whether they want to start playing again. The majority wins so if 50.1% say no that is it. So there are 20 teams in the Premier League, say each team has 30 players, so that is 600 votes in total. Therefore let's say 301 say no then that is it. The Premier League is null and void. ALL votes must be sent to the players home address, that way no undue pressure can be put on the player. Any unreturned voting cards will be split 50-50. So if 30 cards are not returned that will be split 15 for playing and 15 for not playing. Job done and dusted.

I am still not 100% sure the players would be covered through the clubs insurance policy should they fall ill through catching the coronavirus while playing. My guess would be that they wouldn't be. This is probably due to them not following the Governments ruling at staying 2 metres away from a person. We will just have to wait and see what happens next week. This is when we will all get another update. To me unless we get a sudden drop in the death rates we might see another 2/3 weeks of this lockdown.
I don't think insurance cover would be the players major concern, more would they survive if catching it.

PSG was only 12 points ahead I think and Liverpool are 25 points ahead

With Psg being awarded the title being 12 points ahead . I can see Liverpool being awarded the title should it be null and void unfortunately with them being 25 points ahead :( , a lot may follow what France has done

Its the forced relegation which is the issue for me. How is that fair? If you call it done as it stands with psg as champions you force the relegation of Toulouse and Amiens! The fairer option is to void and reconvene next season with the same teams. Surely those two clubs will not take this lying down!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.